ReptiRain Opinion

Jc555

Hi i just went on break and i was in a rush and had to buy the best local mister for my veiled chameleon which was either the reptirain or reptifogger, and i picked the reptirain so far in using it i dont see many problems other than getting the actual spray tubes in my enclosure which was a pain, and it sprays only up to a minute but in the end it gets the job done so far in my experience atleast, so my question is why is it widely not recommended? Just that im open to getting something more perferred as a mistking just itd be a pain to buy a new one just after buying a reptirain, and im more looking for will my veiled cham be fine for now with the reptirain.

1 minute is a very short time. Most people mist for at least 2-3minutes non stop and even longer when the lights first go on. First mist of the day I do a 6-10minute misting myself. It's definitely better than nothing, but just why I wouldn't recommend it. The mistking also has very fine fog-like mist. Tons of options, nozzles, etc.

1 minute is a very short time. Most people mist for at least 2-3minutes non stop and even longer when the lights first go on. First mist of the day I do a 6-10minute misting myself. It's definitely better than nothing, but just why I wouldn't recommend it. The mistking also has very fine fog-like mist. Tons of options, nozzles, etc.

Thank you thats what i thought, is 1 minute good enough for now is basically my question maybe i should up it to every hour sprayings? Or should i leave it per 3 hours. I just cant spend any unnecessary money currently and im curious if the reptirain will do for now.

Leave it at every 3 hours. Spraying every hour wont allow the enclosure to dry out which could possibly cause health issues in the long term. 1 minute isnt ideal but if you run a dripper along with it then you shouldnt have any problems.

I do highly recommend a mist king system. It makes things so much easier.

Leave it at every 3 hours. Spraying every hour wont allow the enclosure to dry out which could possibly cause health issues in the long term. 1 minute isnt ideal but if you run a dripper along with it then you shouldnt have any problems.

I do highly recommend a mist king system. It makes things so much easier.

Thank you for that answer, ironically none of my nearby pet stores have a dripper which i will be looking for thanks.

If you are home in the morning you can just get by with an additional hand misting from a pump sprayer to give the longer misting that gives them the chance to clean their eyes. Then set your dripper and you are well covered.
If I was starting from scratch I would just get a mist king or climist but as long as your repti rain works it should be fine.
A cup with a pin hole in the bottom and filled with ice cubes makes a great slow dripper.

I use reptirain myself. I would say its not the best but it does get the job done. I also keep a drip system on them for between mistings in case they get a little thirsty. However I live in Florida and humidity is usually high anyway so it don't take much to keep them comfortable. Just keep an eye on your humidity levels before and after misting. Too much can be a bad thing as well

I use reptirain myself. I would say its not the best but it does get the job done. I also keep a drip system on them for between mistings in case they get a little thirsty. However I live in Florida and humidity is usually high anyway so it don't take much to keep them comfortable. Just keep an eye on your humidity levels before and after misting. Too much can be a bad thing as well

I just got a drip system, what i thought thanks. I think im good now.

Back
Top Bottom