REPTILES magazine

VeiledOwner87

not the Reptiles USA, but just the cheap $5.99 one. Has anyone read this at all? There is a Crested Gecko on the front, with a "simple care-sheet" article about it, as well as a care/breeding article for Veiled Chameleons. Has anyone read this? I bought it today while browsing through Pets Mart, and it is one of the most rediculous things I've ever read. Some things in the crested gecko article were off, and the Veiled article was ubsured!

"A cage measuring 24 inches long, 24 inches wide and 48 inches tall is best for a large male or a pair of veileds, with smaller enclosures being appropriate for younger veiled chameleons or individually housing females."

"Basking spot temperatures should reach 95 to 110 degrees Fahrenheight with an overall daytime cage range of 80 to 90 degrees abd a nighttime drop to 70 to 75 degrees."

"Dust twice a week with a calcium suppliment containing vitamin D3, may comprise the bulk of the of the insect diet..."

This just made me upset and irritated they would post such false information in a herp magazine.

don't reptile USA and REPTILES magazine work together. if you go to their website they also recommend the reptile USA. i have been reading them for a while and the other chameleon articles seem ok. maybe its just the writer of the article that's not up to date.

Yes they work together, the 5.99 is more so adds and a few articles, they have another one for 10$ and change, that is alot thicker. But i dont know, what has been getting me to buy these for the last couple months, have been the Flucker's Chameleon pics lol:D but i mean, i own crested geckos too, and that article was even off a bit. cutting to the chase saying feed them baby food with calcium and multi vitamin, crickets, or if you dont want to use crickets, stringed meat baby food??? come on baby food is terrible for them! saying that some keepers feed a special crested gecko diet which offers MOST of the geckos nutrition, CGD was the last thing stated you could feed them. this months realy has strayed me away from trusting thei articles. i will still buy it though for the flucker pics lol.

Back
Top Bottom