Reptile Expo

AReptile

Anyone here go today? I saw some really nice chameleons, mostly panthers. I on the other hand.... Came home with this lol.

Attachments

• IMG-20110710-00018.jpg
    IMG-20110710-00018.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 245
I was there. It was great, pretty packed. Was hoping there would be more chameleons there. Were the panthers you saw Screameleons?

The nicest ones were from Screameleons I believe. There were other chameleons littered around the place though. I really didn't see too many veileds today surprisingly. Idk felt like it was easier to find more when I went in April.
Edit: The NY expo in white plains
@Chamsinmyhouse: TY :). She better be able to do magic tricks for the price I paid lmao

There were more chameleons there that any other show i've been too. I came home with an ellioti from LLL reptile. There was a nice andapa there with andapa females. Brookesia chams were there. Some high casque ones too.

One guy Had a quite a few translucent veils in cups. There was quite afew carpet chams too.

I really had to fight not taking home more than one.

I ended up coming home with one panther from screameleons for my step daughter!

First time chameleon owner and have been reading up on them since getting him settled in to his enclosure :)

The chameleons at the show were quite impressive. Spectacular colorations!

My GF and i went to a reptile expo this weekend, in Arlington, TX. We were really disappointed with the variety. Not a single chameleon there, they shouldve just called it a snake/bearded dragon expo because thats all they had. http://www.dfwlonestarreptileexpos.com/ We probably wont go back next time. I cant wait for the NARBC in febuary though, ive heard that is an amazing texas expo

There were more chameleons there that any other show i've been too. I came home with an ellioti from LLL reptile. There was a nice andapa there with andapa females. Brookesia chams were there. Some high casque ones too.

One guy Had a quite a few translucent veils in cups. There was quite afew carpet chams too.

I really had to fight not taking home more than one.
I came home from the white plains expo with a translucent veiled last time. He pretended to b nice when the guy took him out, now he's nasty lol.

I wasn't too impressed with the chams at the white plains expo, not just the chams, but their enclosures as well, which most were glass, and absolutely filthy. The chameleons just looked so sad, and the way their breeders were letting them be handled was awful. :(

I wasn't too impressed with the chams at the white plains expo, not just the chams, but their enclosures as well, which most were glass, and absolutely filthy. The chameleons just looked so sad, and the way their breeders were letting them be handled was awful. :(

most are wild caughts with the exception of Screameleons. I know one vendor had ambanjas that looked horrible. I felt bad for them.

To their credit, I over heard Vin from Screameleons saying how the enclosures there big boys were in were absolutely NOT how you want to keep your chameleon. For display purposes they set them up like that which is sort of understandable if they know them well enough to know they'll recover ok but silly to stress them like that I'd think...

Well there was one group of chams where there enclosures were like a bunch of sticks bundled together in the center.. Also I noticed most of them had chams together in enclosures but i am sure that is also just for the day. I got my last cham from sunshine dragons ( a beardie vendor) and he is in good shape despite the fact he was in a cage with i think it was 2 other chameleons. I didnt even know that most of the vendors let u handle the chams. I know Screameleons doesn't because when i asked last time they said no.

Back
Top Bottom