Reptile expo

I am thinking about getting another veiled chameleon, But i do not like buying from retail like pet co pet smart etc. I was wondering if reptile expos and conventions are a good option.

I am thinking about getting another veiled chameleon, But i do not like buying from retail like pet co pet smart etc. I was wondering if reptile expos and conventions are a good option.
Just do your research before you go, know how to look for signs of healthy chams vs unhealthy. Ask the breeders questions, and if they give you some good feedback you can make a decision off that.

There is no absolute yes or no answer. Just prepare yourself and make the best decisions to your knowledge. Good luck!! 😊😊

They can be better, the same, or worse. All it takes to get a booth at a reptile expo is a checkbook or credit card.

However, many expos/cons/shows have websites that list vendors ahead of time. You can use that as a starting place to vet those breeders/vendors.

I got my beardie at a reptile show because the breeder has a well-known & respected national reputation. I was going to get my cham at one for similar reasons, then COVID happened. I found a different breeder with a likewise excellent rep., and am very satisfied with the results.

You can find some info on what to look for and avoid here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/health/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/purchasing/

I got my pair from a show. They are both healthy, but looking back it was several probably barely 2-3 months, I was told they could be ok together in a big enough cage, and that the compact fluorescent would be enough. So it is not all great. But there is more choices and as mentioned, know the questions to ask.
I am in OR, there is a show coming in April that I tend to go to to sell my babies. I sell the full set up with proper lighting and care sheets. I will have how they were raised, under what conditions, and hatch date. These will be signs of a good breeder. ask questions you know the answers to an see what they have to say.
All in All it is a good place to shop. There will be good and bad so know ahead of time what you are looking for. In my case I did not have the knowledge, the booth I bought from "Looked" the best, the other Veilds I had found were just on a plain table in a small clear cup, so in comparison mine looked great. lol
Just find the seller that just wants to talk chams.

I got my pair from a show. They are both healthy, but looking back it was several probably barely 2-3 months, I was told they could be ok together in a big enough cage, and that the compact fluorescent would be enough. So it is not all great. But there is more choices and as mentioned, know the questions to ask.
I am in OR, there is a show coming in April that I tend to go to to sell my babies. I sell the full set up with proper lighting and care sheets. I will have how they were raised, under what conditions, and hatch date. These will be signs of a good breeder. ask questions you know the answers to an see what they have to say.
All in All it is a good place to shop. There will be good and bad so know ahead of time what you are looking for. In my case I did not have the knowledge, the booth I bought from "Looked" the best, the other Veilds I had found were just on a plain table in a small clear cup, so in comparison mine looked great. lol
Just find the seller that just wants to talk chams.
At the expo that i went to they did not have a veiled but my sister told me that Jacksons chameleons were good so i got one, his name is Mr Miyagi

Back
Top Bottom