Reptile carpets?

lauriexcurtis

The floor of my chameleon's enclosure is 24x24 in. I'm looking for a green reptile carpet and can't seem to find any with the same dimensions as his cage! :mad: Do you guys have any recommendations on where to look or what size to purchase?

My local pet shop carries them and the bigger chains usually carry them too. I bought the smaller size i think, and there is 1 size larger than mine. i bought the 18"x36" i think, dont quote me on the sizes though, ive already cut it up :p

My local pet shop carries them and the bigger chains usually carry them too. I bought the smaller size i think, and there is 1 size larger than mine. i bought the 18"x36" i think, dont quote me on the sizes though, ive already cut it up :p

Hah yeah I have seen some around pet stores and online but none my size. :cool: You think I should just buy one and cut one side, and maybe hot glue it to the other side so it wouldn't be too short/long? I really don't want to have to get one that doesn't fit and have to modify it, but I just might...

I wouldn't use any carpet or any substrate in your cage. It is much easier to clean a bare bottom and much more sanitary. I would assume the carpet would hold the water and breed bacteria just like a substrate. It might not look as nice bare, but it will healthier for your chameleon.

Paper towels are your friend. Reptile carpet can tear nails and is hard to clean.

Back
Top Bottom