Repticon Houston

Texas Panther Man

Well I vended Repticon Houston last wknd. We did rreally well for that being our first time to do any REpticon show. Would have done awesome if I'd have been allowed to sell horns & silks.

So I saw a pair of quads that looked like they may have been salvageable. I was tempted but I didnt pull the trigger and then someone else got em. Saw a few crested (def wc and in poor shape) They looked really skinny and dehydrated I dont think the female moved all wknd. Same guy had wc verru's and wc panthers and some veileds. The verrus and the veileds were housed together and the panthers had no locale info and looked to be wc imports.

So I was really plzd with myself for showing restraint and not coming home with any new additions. (well other than a venus fly trap plant) Always wanted one.

Killer Chameleons will be vending our next show on Dec 10 & 11th at Houston Area REptile Keepers Assoc. Show. Its in Katy, Texas.

Well I vended Repticon Houston last wknd. We did rreally well for that being our first time to do any REpticon show. Would have done awesome if I'd have been allowed to sell horns & silks.

So I saw a pair of quads that looked like they may have been salvageable. I was tempted but I didnt pull the trigger and then someone else got em. Saw a few crested (def wc and in poor shape) They looked really skinny and dehydrated I dont think the female moved all wknd. Same guy had wc verru's and wc panthers and some veileds. The verrus and the veileds were housed together and the panthers had no locale info and looked to be wc imports.

So I was really plzd with myself for showing restraint and not coming home with any new additions. (well other than a venus fly trap plant) Always wanted one.

Killer Chameleons will be vending our next show on Dec 10 & 11th at Houston Area REptile Keepers Assoc. Show. Its in Katy, Texas.

How was the show in general? I thought about attending it but decided to try the San Antonio show this weekend instead.

I was really suprised. The one other Repticon show I'd attended in 2010 was bad. The animals were in poor shape the vendors tables were trashy. The vendors themselves were unprofessional except for Texas Reptile Exchange and a cpl of others. Now this yr theyve got more vendors and the vendors that were vending had for the most part quality animals for an expo. You still see the wc's that you know shouldnt be sold to the avg herper without a ton of previous exp dealing with acclimatting them but thats par for the course at most expos. The crowds were good and the venue seemed to have better lighting this yr. Last yr about half the venue seemed to be dark.

We did better than I ever would have suspected. I figured it would be mostly a snake crowd but their were quite a few chams although all but mine and one other guys were wc. I'll def do that show again if I have offspring avail.

Back
Top Bottom