Reptibreeze drainage tray D.I.Y. Project

WashingtonCham

Established Member
I wanted to make a temporary drainage solution while my dragonstrand cage is being manufactured so I took a garbage can lid cut it out and then used duct tape to complete the corners as to not rip into the screen, I then cut a hole in the middle and hot glued a screen and the tip of a funnel on the bottom. then bought a cheap end table at goodwill drilled a hole in the top glued a transmission funnel and tube to the bottom dropping into a bucket. Put towels under each corner of the garbage lid as to discourage crickets going down and to keep the general slope of it so the water drains properly. so far working great. Gotta get the wires cleaned up a little so isn’t to pretty up front yet but just wanted to show my progress.
877254AF-D43D-443F-82CE-C0E746846055.jpeg
FBC1FB9E-2F30-4C8D-8798-0A7165ABB2FB.jpeg
DAFA47A8-C18E-4E5E-8416-6FABB14CE682.png
877254AF-D43D-443F-82CE-C0E746846055.jpeg

Attachments

• 21982EED-EF1F-46B1-A8DF-0BF3739BD366.png
    21982EED-EF1F-46B1-A8DF-0BF3739BD366.png
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 8DDE5F06-435F-4920-89C8-ACFBBFEA47B8.png
    8DDE5F06-435F-4920-89C8-ACFBBFEA47B8.png
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 0941989C-00DF-4BF4-9466-7D6FC73EDC87.png
    0941989C-00DF-4BF4-9466-7D6FC73EDC87.png
    763.3 KB · Views: 208
If I where you, I'd move your powerbars ASAP. All it could take is one overflow when your not home, best case scenario is, it just shuts the breaker off, and he/she is left in the cold for a bit. Water and electricity should always be kept separate. What type of Cham is he/she?

I agree with the powerbar strip... you never know when something is gonna run a muck. I got lucky because I house my electric in one side of my cabinet and the mister and fogger in the other side... The tube to my fogger popped off one night and basically was fogging my cabinet. But since the cabinet is divided it did not ruin all of my electrical.

Great job solving a problem with the drip tray. You will loveeeeeeeeeee the dragon strand tray. So nice and so much easier.

If I where you, I'd move your powerbars ASAP. All it could take is one overflow when your not home, best case scenario is, it just shuts the breaker off, and he/she is left in the cold for a bit. Water and electricity should always be kept separate. What type of Cham is he/she?
This is right after I finished lol all my electronics are tucked in the back and I have a towel that goes over the top in the event of a leak It would force the water to leak down the buckets. I thought of all that as well. I got him on a nanny cam as well but that’s just more for me wouldn’t do much in case of emergency

I agree with the powerbar strip... you never know when something is gonna run a muck. I got lucky because I house my electric in one side of my cabinet and the mister and fogger in the other side... The tube to my fogger popped off one night and basically was fogging my cabinet. But since the cabinet is divided it did not ruin all of my electrical.

Great job solving a problem with the drip tray. You will loveeeeeeeeeee the dragon strand tray. So nice and so much easier.
Yah like I was saying this is just after I had gotten done I was just showing off my drainage hadn’t put all my electronics away that’s why the towel is up. And my fogger sits off the side on a stool just for that reason

Definitely agree with @JIFFYPOP i mounted all mine behind the cages. Maybe add more foliage to cage looks a little bare. Cool drip try idea. I’m currently using storage containers lids lol
Looks bare because I had a big plant growing up the middle that sat on the floor and was trying to give a clear pic of the drainage system lol I just took pics where you could see everything clearly. I was just trying to show how I built my drainage system. But I appreciate all the concern anyways I know everyone means well.

Back
Top Bottom