Repti fogger mod?

WashingtonCham

Established Member
I have a large atrium dragonstand cage coming for my panther shortly and I’m going to have the fogger split of into four hoses to spread throughout the cage. But my problem is the little 1 liter bottle that it comes with isn’t going to cut it. I’ll be lucky if it lasts the night with how big the cage is and the amount of fog it’ll need to put out. Has anyone ever attempted to modify one with a larger bottle? I just fear the pressure change may lead to unforeseen consequences but I’m not sure. Or if anyone has another idea other than humidifying my entire room.

I have a large atrium dragonstand cage coming for my panther shortly and I’m going to have the fogger split of into four hoses to spread throughout the cage. But my problem is the little 1 liter bottle that it comes with isn’t going to cut it. I’ll be lucky if it lasts the night with how big the cage is and the amount of fog it’ll need to put out. Has anyone ever attempted to modify one with a larger bottle? I just fear the pressure change may lead to unforeseen consequences but I’m not sure. Or if anyone has another idea other than humidifying my entire room.
You can modify a cool mist humidifier and use PVC pipe up and over the top of the cage. Cap the end of the pipe off and either drill or cut holes into it.

Attachments

• 20190609_113243.jpg
    20190609_113243.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 20190609_113254.jpg
    20190609_113254.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 20190609_113404.jpg
    20190609_113404.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 158
You can modify a cool mist humidifier and use PVC pipe up and over the top of the cage. Cap the end of the pipe off and either drill or cut holes into it.
Ahh ok that’s essentially same thing as a repti fogger correct? I mean same king of humidifier I know there’s couple dif types. I appreciate it that should work

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009W7CSTS

I got this bad boy open box for a song. Its got some filters already built in, and its got a clock/timer built in. It fits my reused vacuum cleaner hose great and easily fill my 4ftx4ft base to the point i cant see my tegu through the fog, unless the basking lights are on to create convection. You only have to worry if it doesnt have a built in fan. The cheaper models literally just have a ultra sonic at the bottom, and just lets the mist bubble over. The good ones will have a built in fan that will push the mist.

I got this bad boy open box for a song. Its got some filters already built in, and its got a clock/timer built in. It fits my reused vacuum cleaner hose great and easily fill my 4ftx4ft base to the point i cant see my tegu through the fog, unless the basking lights are on to create convection. You only have to worry if it doesnt have a built in fan. The cheaper models literally just have a ultra sonic at the bottom, and just lets the mist bubble over. The good ones will have a built in fan that will push the mist.

Is the timer on that able to be set for on/off times each day, like having it turn on from 1am to 5 am for example. Or is it the kind that let's you set it for so many hours when you turn it on and it shuts off after?

Is the timer on that able to be set for on/off times each day, like having it turn on from 1am to 5 am for example. Or is it the kind that let's you set it for so many hours when you turn it on and it shuts off after?

After reading the manual, i stand corrected. It has 2 modes, no clock. So you can have a count down timer, so it will count down, then turn on. The other is a "turn off timer" that you can set, and it will run for a preset amount of hours. It also says "you can use the preset and timer functions together to program the humidifier to turn on and off at your desired times.

I do not know if this creates a daily loop like a christmas light timer.

Honestly i just turn mine on before i goto work, set the output(not the humidity level) and go to work. I then turn it off when i goto bed.

So this one does have the fan correct? I got a bradypodian thamnobate coming shortly as well so I’d like to be able to run both cages off it if possible

After reading the manual, i stand corrected. It has 2 modes, no clock. So you can have a count down timer, so it will count down, then turn on. The other is a "turn off timer" that you can set, and it will run for a preset amount of hours. It also says "you can use the preset and timer functions together to program the humidifier to turn on and off at your desired times.

I do not know if this creates a daily loop like a christmas light timer.

Honestly i just turn mine on before i goto work, set the output(not the humidity level) and go to work. I then turn it off when i goto bed.

Only worry I have with this is if I set it on it’s own timer sometimes the digital devices still require you to turn them back on. My ceramic heater works that way when the thermostat turns it back on you still have to go press the on button again so it’s basically useless with the timer.

So this one does have the fan correct? I got a bradypodian thamnobate coming shortly as well so I’d like to be able to run both cages off it if possible

Yes it has a fan. All of them put out the same amount of mist, just the shape and water storage changes from model to model. As you can see from the video, it can do 2 cages easy.

Only worry I have with this is if I set it on it’s own timer sometimes the digital devices still require you to turn them back on. My ceramic heater works that way when the thermostat turns it back on you still have to go press the on button again so it’s basically useless with the timer.

I have not used this mode. I have even tried to use it on a timer. For all i know its useless for you, since 1) odds are its own timer needs reset each day, and 2) odds are on an external timer, it just lights up when power is applied and it doesnt start misting.

Im not sure if you want to just set the humidistat to a preset level and have it auto regulate. Unlike the "knob" ones, you can set this one to 75% and it will turn off if its above 80% and turn on when its below 70%, just like a thermostat.

I have not used this mode. I have even tried to use it on a timer. For all i know its useless for you, since 1) odds are its own timer needs reset each day, and 2) odds are on an external timer, it just lights up when power is applied and it doesnt start misting.

Im not sure if you want to just set the humidistat to a preset level and have it auto regulate. Unlike the "knob" ones, you can set this one to 75% and it will turn off if its above 80% and turn on when its below 70%, just like a thermostat.
Oh that’s a good point I didn’t think of that can just set it before I go to bed and lower it in the morning. Thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom