Repti calcium with d3 and zoo med reptivite without d3

Rango220

I was wondering how often I should give chameleon calcium with d3? He has a exoterra 5.0 UVB bulb and my bedroom window gives enough uv light in. Also how often should I give my Cham zoo meds reptivite without d3? I normally give him these every other Sunday, like this Sunday I'm giving him his reptivite then next Sunday ill give him d3, just curious on how much I should give of these and how often? I dust with normal calcium powder daily.

Uv rays cannot pass through glass in a window so unless the windo is wide open he won't be benefitting from it.

You need to give
Pure calcium with no D3 each feed
Calcium with D3 twice a month
Reptivite with no D3 twice a month.

I was wondering how often I should give chameleon calcium with d3? He has a exoterra 5.0 UVB bulb and my bedroom window gives enough uv light in. Also how often should I give my Cham zoo meds reptivite without d3? I normally give him these every other Sunday, like this Sunday I'm giving him his reptivite then next Sunday ill give him d3, just curious on how much I should give of these and how often? I dust with normal calcium powder daily.

Glass can block 99% of uv rays so he wouldn't be getting much if the windows were down. I'm not too sure about veiled supplementation, for my female jacksons I do normal calcium no d3 or phosphorus 2 times one week and 3 times the next, I had rep cal calcium phosphorus free but I was told that it is very powerful and has a lot of d3 in it. So I dropped that one completely and I use reptivite 1 to 2 times a month which has d3 in it. If your veiled gets a lot of UVB and direct sun light it won't need as much d3, so if this is the case I would stick with calcium every day and multivitamin once or twice a month and calcium with d3 once a month as well. Again I've never had a veiled before this is just my experience reading on the forums seeing what others have done for their veileds. There are a lot of factors that can change the amount you should supplement so hopefully someone else with more experiance can help you out:)

My local pet shop which sells all types of reptiles says for indoor d3 is fine to use, and for outdoor you would use without d3. How true is this.

Vitamin d3 is easily overdosed but when an animal lives inside it is still needed so twice a month is adequate.

An animal that gets natural sunlight each day will get all its D3 from the sun so you do not need to give any extra D3 via powders.

Vitamin d3 is easily overdosed but when an animal lives inside it is still needed so twice a month is adequate.

An animal that gets natural sunlight each day will get all its D3 from the sun so you do not need to give any extra D3 via powders.

Do you think the British/Scottish sun is strong enough to provide all d3?

For an animal indoors you need
Pure calcium everyday
Multivitamin without D3 twice a month.

I think the British and Scottish sun would be fine for a chameleons uv needs. Out sun is a lot stronger than most uv bulbs we use in our cages so it should be adequate.

For an animal indoors you need
Pure calcium everyday
Multivitamin without D3 twice a month.

I think the British and Scottish sun would be fine for a chameleons uv needs. Out sun is a lot stronger than most uv bulbs we use in our cages so it should be adequate.

I've always wondered about that. However hot up here is around 20c!

Back
Top Bottom