Reptariums

JBHerps

Does anyone have pics of there reptarium set ups?

I just ordered the "175 gallon" one at 29" X 29" X 48".

I would love to see pics!!

Please and thank you!

I have been reading around the forums now and i have been hearing mixed reviews abut reptariums......did I make a bad choice?

I have heard that it is bad aestectically aswell as the structure is not supportive.

Man...I should have waited to ask here first...

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Am I just hearing opinions or are thses facts?

Thanks! Also pics when possible please.

:(

Mostly opinion (I don't care for them)
Many people who do use them choose the Repti-Sun 10.0 UVB tube over the 5.0 because of the density of the mesh.

-Brad

I have a 260 gallon Reptarium for my baby Panther, and there's nothing that makes the Reptarium unusable for a chameleon. Is it perfect? No, but what is? Unless you plan on buying Madagascar... Your chameleon will live quite comfortably in one as long as you meet all his/her other needs.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

They're not great pix, but oh well.

Thanks! Any pics with the screenzipped up? I want to see how "ugly" it is.

Also...this is the cgae that I plan on using outside.....yearround except on the coldest and hotest nights(below 65 and above 95). Do you think the cage wll melt in the heat of the 80s and 90s? Will the humidity of South Florida rust the cage? Thanks so much!!!

(P.S. This forum is FANTASTIC)

I use to 260 gallon reptariums with a mist system run through each of them. I keep Panther and Veiled chameleons in them. Here are some ideas on how to set it up. Most of my lights are internally mounted. I don't necessarily recommend it but I have taken extra precautions to ensure that everything is as safe as possible. Click on them to maximize them to get a better view.

Last edited:
Nice.

So I have to assemble them or they come assembed and like pop open or something?

Thanks!

(anything is going to be easy to assemble since the cages by design cage)

I absolutely love these cages. Don't think bad about them man. My chameleons are doing amazing. Here are some pics with the cages zipped up.

Last edited:
You put the pvc pipes together, which is extremely easy, and slide the screen over the pvc pipe. and your done

I know alot of people use them but I hate them. In my opinion the worst cage out there.
Visually you can't see in very well because of the dark cage,they have a zipper to open which may or may not work. This will stress most chameleons by unzipping their environment.You have to take the whole thing apart to properly clean them.Crickets,etc. can hide around the framework.Invest in a nice screen cage that opens from the bottom for easy and less stressful spot cleaning.LLL reptile supplies and blue beast have great cages.
Did I mention I hate these cages?

I know alot of people use them but I hate them. In my opinion the worst cage out there.
Visually you can't see in very well because of the dark cage,they have a zipper to open which may or may not work. This will stress most chameleons by unzipping their environment.You have to take the whole thing apart to properly clean them.Crickets,etc. can hide around the framework.Invest in a nice screen cage that opens from the bottom for easy and less stressful spot cleaning.LLL reptile supplies and blue beast have great cages.
Did I mention I hate these cages?

Come on now thats a little harsh. Your gonna make the guy feel bad about buying the cage. They are really not that bad. I see where your are going with the crickets hiding all over the place and it does take a little more effort cleaning them. However if you truly love your chameleons you will take great pride in setting the cage up all the way to the maintenance and up keeping of them. Everyone has their own opinion and different things work for different people.

I am pointing out some things about these cages that are not good,I could go on. I am not trying to make this person feel bad or good about his purchase. I am letting him know there are much better cages for his chameleon.This is not to promote a "cyber fight"

I HATE those Junktariums…
Next time just save up a few more bucks and get a nice screen cage like Chuck said. The cage you got will *work* however the work of keeping a labor intensive lizard is only intensified by using this type of cage. You will soon learn the pitfalls first hand… On a positive note… They are cheap! :p

Junktariums

Junktariums I like that. How do u guys deal with the drainage issues in those aluminum cages??? Doesn't the water pool? I seen a breeders room and it was filled with those aluminum cages. The bottoms of them around the aluminum were all rusted to sh%*.

I don't care for them either. But for size and price (260 gal) you cant beat it. If you have a very large chameleon and need a large enclosure they will do.

Oh those look great!!!!!!

Once I get it set up and find a nice ficus or hibiscus I will post pics.

Also it will be outside so visibility should be GREAT!

Thanks all. I just put together some fresh air habitats at work so this should be easy.

:)

Well......as i live buy.....

"Whats done is done"

I will now know for the future but besides the future.....for now.....this will work.

;)

I bought a 38 gallon reptarium for my Cham and at first I wasn't to happy about it. Especially after reading all the bad replies about them. But as Chameleon Palace said, they work just fine. You should be happy with the 260 gallon cage you bought. After a while mine grew on me and I like it just fine. Granted I haven't gotten the Chameleon yet. My winter travel ends this week and will probably be getting him next week but I have had the cage and supplies for well over a month and so far I think it'll turn out to be a great home for the little guy. There is always something bigger and better out there, that doesn't mean the lesser is always worse or non-usable. Many people use reptariums and and love them. Some prefer wire/screen cages over them but I'm sure some dislike the wire/screen cages just as bad as those who dislike the reptariums. Not everyone uses the same cage, or buys their Cham food/supplements/plants... from the same supplier/brand but they still work and thats what matters.

Back
Top Bottom