Reptariums

well it seems like he already purchased it i kept my jacksons in there for 2 years and they did fine. i also have a reptarium and plan to have someone build me a cage eventually but for now it will do. the center pipe comes out on my 100 gallon reptarium and i just lift the tree out get down and wipe the bottom of the cage and put the tree back voila finished. my only concern is wether i can get enough uvb through the mesh

I use Reptisun 10.0's on my Reptariums due to the dark mesh. The only suggestion that I have is to raise the 10.0 off of the screen about 4 inches if you have a "top screen clinger"! :)

Repatriums are great for most uses. I find that large ale veileds like to be able to see more. Reptariums make them feel confined, and they tend to be slightly more stressed as opposed to a screen cage. for montanes, and female veileds, reptariums seem to provide BETTER comfort for the animals. Many of these animals stress when out in the open, and reptariums simulate the dense foliage they seek out.

They're much easier to move around and transport than screen scages. I also find them to be easier on claws than screen - while they catch claws worse than screen, they give - screen doesn't. I've not seen an animal with claws damaged from a reptarium, but I've seen plenty of screen damaged claws.

Overall, I much prefer screen cages, as they look a lot nicer. But some situations (temp cages for rearing young, outdoor cages for some animals, transportable cages for shows/talks, etc.) reptariums are better.

If I were to be getting a cage to use as a display cage for my animals, I'd go for screen, hands down. Especially if it was a big male panther or veiled.

But reptariums are just fine, and have their uses. i like the smaller ones - the 38's are great for sub adult animals & holdbacks. When I sold them, I put the cage aside.

well im using a few peices of wood to lift it off the mesh but its not 3 inches thich. ill check to see how hot the mesh is getting and ill lift it further if it seems too hot

I completely agree with Eric on keeping male Veileds in screen cages-my guy would be depressed in a Reptarium-he was raised in one until he was 4 1/2 months old. My females and Oustalets do love the secluded feeling though!

I just got rid of all my reptariums. In this thread I was praising them, but they are hard to clean around the bottom. When crickets gather in the corners they can chew right through the cage. They are great for the size but I prefer home made cages or the 2'x2'x4' aluminum screened cages form LLL Reptile.

Nobody really answered the question on how these will do outside... I was wondering if the fabric would degrade in the sun... Or if the Black fabric would soak in too much heat?

Nobody really answered the question on how these will do outside... I was wondering if the fabric would degrade in the sun... Or if the Black fabric would soak in too much heat?

I just got off the phone with Apogee (Reptarium.com).
They informed me that,
The screen is a nylon based material
It should not degrade except but because it is black it should attract more heat.

Has anyone kept there reptarium out in the sun??? I am wondering if the black would really be that much of an issue... I think it might be. :confused:

I have for a while. It was damaged,but not by the sun. Others I know have kept theirs outside for a long time. I believe the only problem they had was with the zipper, not the fabric.

It gets warm in the sun, but it also blocks more sun than screen does. It IS shade cloth, after all.

they work well, i would use a 10.0, and would recomend cup feeding. crickets WILL chew through the mesh if allowed enough time. dont set lights directly on the mesh and youll be fine..!

i agree champalace, but they do make great baby/basking cages. i wash mine in the dishwasher/washing machine. its works fine..but daMN THOSE CRICKETS:D

Back
Top Bottom