reptariums????

herpboi

i was planning on buying my veiled chameleon stix a 65 gal equivalent reptarium and from what i read in the packaging the measurements are 16.5x30x28 and im thinking this is way smaller than a 65 gal tank what do you guys think

Depending on the age of your Veiled and if it is a boy or girl, I would go bigger than 65 gallons. I recently went with a 24x24x48 screen cage for my 5.5 month veiled who is 6" snout to vent.

I'm actually looking for something thats at least can last me 6-12 months for now or if bigger for him permanently and he is a boy i figured a 65 gal would be bigger than what they say it is my 55 gal tank is bigger than that thing but my goal is a mesh cage at least 4-5 ft high 2 feet deep an 4 ft long but for now since he is very tiny id go with 3x2x2 i guess i should bypass the reptarium any one else use them they sale them at petsmart

I do use Reptariums. I have 2 38 gallons with some youngsters in them. They are good starter cages and I would certainly go with mesh. LLL, Big Apple, and Reptilesupply all have them cheaper than the store you mentioned. How big/old is your cham?

You should be able to make due with the 65 gallon for awhile. Really just depends on how fast he grows and that is impossible to predict. I would say a 100 gallon might be a better option if you want to ensure that it makes it in that time frame.

www.lllreptile.com

www.bigappleherp.com

I have ordered from both of these places. They have been accurate on delivery and have good prices. I see alot of stuff in the pet stores locally that I can get on line for half of their price.

I use reptariums. I like them but realistically there are alot of options out there depending on your budget or preferances.

www.cages.net

There are some more cages on that site. There are bunch more sites like these I really just can not remember all of them off the top of my head. I am sure some will jump in with some more.

Last edited:
You should be able to make due with the 65 gallon for awhile. Really just depends on how fast he grows and that is impossible to predict. I would say a 100 gallon might be a better option if you want to ensure that it makes it in that time frame.

www.lllreptile.com

www.bigappleherp.com

I have ordered from both of these places. They have been accurate on delivery and have good prices. I see alot of stuff in the pet stores locally that I can get on line for half of their price.

I use reptariums. I like them but realistically there are alot of options out there depending on your budget or preferances.

www.cages.net

There are some more cages on that site. There are bunch more sites like these I really just can not remember all of them off the top of my head. I am sure some will jump in with some more.
there is a lady selling nice reptariums on ebay for quite cheap. like $58 for a 100 gallon I think.

If you get a used one, make sure you clean it out really good. Even if the lady says it is brand new, I would still give it a good cleaning.

So you still haven't answered how old or big he is? A cage can for sure be way too big for a youngin'. Especially a 100 gallon reptarium.

So.. How old is he???

srry i'd say he is older tan a month but less than three about a inch long svl he grew a lil since i got him so i think e may be a fast grower so i wanna go big imma try to get one of those 100 gals thanx

For one month old, a 100 gallon is too big. If you do end up getting that one, you should try to partition it so that it is smaller. Maybe stack something in there. Then when he gets bigger you can take it out.

I used to use a 65 gallon tall Reptarium and it sufficed for about 6 months as my little chammie grew. Just recently upgraded to a 2'x2'x4' aluminum framed cage i got off ebay. The only major drawback to the Reptarium is no easy access to clean. The mesh only unzips from the top of the cage and makes cleaning not easy at all. I prefer my new cage with its swinging front door which allows for easy clean up of poop. I have also heard stories of crickets chewing holes through the plastic mesh in use with Reptariums but I never had a problem with that because my Veiled allways ate them all as soon as they were in the cage.

thanx guys i have decided to build a cage with aluminum mesh and pvc pipes and i dont worry about the crix because mine is trained to eat them from a feeder cup so there easier to get to and less havoc from them biting him while he sleeps

id think to go smaller with 38gallon should be good for that size and then upgrade to 65gallon at around six months, i know they are going to stop selling reptariums, thats what ive heard. petco selling them cheap. i got a liner for like 5bucks when there were like 15 or 20 so i bought 2, lol

Back
Top Bottom