Reptariums good or bad?

ISA my Veiled

Hey guys a stumbled across another persons threads this evening and saw them say they were going to get a reptarium.. What are they besides to me what looks like a more flimsy screen cage and what are the pros and cons versus my repti breeze cages I already own. All info would be great! Thanks!

Reptariums are a fabric mesh and a pvc frame. They are light weight and are fairly cheap. I use a couple of them havent had any issues with them. It is really just a different type of cage that is cheaper than a metal and screen cage.

Hey guys a stumbled across another persons threads this evening and saw them say they were going to get a reptarium.. What are they besides to me what looks like a more flimsy screen cage and what are the pros and cons versus my repti breeze cages I already own. All info would be great! Thanks!

They are neither all good or all bad. I use them for temporary cages either for fast growing juveniles, travel, or outdoor basking cages, etc. Some people have problems with the zippers wearing out. They do need a bit more care. Some people who free range their feeders find chew holes in them eventually. Some people claim that the mesh is so heavy it reduces the amount of UV penetration from overhead lights. I don't know about that one.

I use Reptariums for all sorts of small critters as I do some wildlife rehab. I've housed montane chams in them for months and had no real issues with them. I do like the option to wash the mesh covers!

Back
Top Bottom