Reptarium

primestick

Has any one used these with success, I have one and was wondering if any one else has ever used one and had any problems with it. Every one else ive looked at has the metal screen cages.

I have a smaller 38 gal one that I am keeping my 3 month old veiled in until he gets big enough for the big cage, but I like it! you would need something like the soft tray in the bottom to catch water, but I like mine

yea thats the one i have, with soft tray... I ordered it before doing much reasurch on chams. I figured it would be a cheep and nice cage for a baby cham, but ive gotten mixed reviews on them.

I like mine for my baby, the zipper can be a pain, but i think for a baby that is gonna out grow the cage its good because they are cheap

lol that was my plan too but I ended up finding a really cheap screen cage on craigslist yesterday so I may not build now, well at least for now

I'm using two right now. I like that they hold in roaches that somehow make it out of the cup. If your using one for babies until they get older are easy to disassemble and store without taking up much space. I think they make a great non-permanent home for all kinds of reptiles, and chameleons in particular. The zipper is not that big of a deal, though when your unzipping it it can stress the animal out a little. Over all I think there the perfect choice for a growing animal that will require something bigger/sturdier later on.

Personally, I don't like them. Don't like the zipper and how dark they are. Try lllreptiles they have some nice cages for chameleons.

I am going to have to agree with the dark thing. I don't think they let near as much UV rays in as screen cages. I still think for some applications (temparary and storage wise) they are the way to go. It would not be, in my eyes, to spend $80 on a cage that you are only going to use once or a few times but only for a few months. And when your not using the nice screen cage it can be a pain store it assuming you do not have a large area to keep your animals. So sometimes the reptarium is the way to go, but I would personally never use one for "permanent" housing. I have noticed that plastic they use is much more brittle than what they used a few years back.

I have one and honestly do not like it well, I made it into a two level cage and put my Bearded Dragons on each floor. The zippers are a pain and shakes the cage to much almost shaking chams out of the branches at times. Check out my thread I just built a new cage that i'm thinking of selling.

Last edited:
Yea im envous of your skills with a saw and hammer. Luckly for me I have a carpenter friend that i might be able to con into helping me build a nice looking and functional cham cage.

Back
Top Bottom