Repashy miracle supplement?

gerrod85

I just ordered some Repashy Superfoods Calcium Plus. I have read some great things about this product. Is anybody using this as their only supplement? If so, what are the results?

Haven't used it myself, but was speaking to a Panther breeder at the Portsmouth Show yesterday and he was saying some really positive things about it too.

Repashy

I am currently using repashy as a daily dusting suppliment for Kobalt and Skittles. They are both very active and doing well. I used to use repcal and herptative. When I got Kobalt from the kammers they recommended using Repashy saying they use it and are happy with the results.

I just ordered some Repashy Superfoods Calcium Plus. I have read some great things about this product. Is anybody using this as their only supplement? If so, what are the results?

Apparently the Kammers have been using it awhile with panthers and gave it the thumbs up.
I've recently started using it on a single animal, as a test, along with gutloading with bug burger those feeders going to that same one animal. (see my blog on this forum) So far so good, though it will be months before I can draw any conculsions. I am not using it daily.
If you do a forum search on the word Repashy youre going to find several threads on this topic.

I have been using the Calcium Plus ICB every feeding for a couple months now and so far I really like the results I am seeing.

im glad there is a thread about this. I went to get a Cal supplement without D3 and got the Repashy Superfoods Calcium Plus (but it stated for Leopard Geckos). Is this the same thing and is it good for Chams?

I wanted to know before i use it on my Cham.

Thank you everybody for your input. I can't wait to start using this product, and I plan on posting all pros and cons.

sandrachameleon, i did see your blog on using the repashy products, and i look forward to your findings. Thank you for looking at the thread! :D

i have been useing it on my panther for about a month now, and he seems just fine. he has decreased a great deal in food intake but i attribute that to the time or year and temps not the supplement,

Calcium Plus Vitamin A min 200,000 IU/lb vs. Vitamin A min 10,000 IU/lb in Crested Gecko diet.

I was using the both Crested Gecko diet and Calcium Plus as a supplements. (Crested Gecko diet states it can be used on Chams.)

After about 6 month of use my panther started to drink way more and finally passed away. I mentioned this to a local breeder and he stated that it was probably because of the Vitamin A.

Any thoughts?

Well it has been a little over a week, and so far I am impressed with the results. My cham is a bright green color every time i look at him. He seems to be more active as well. Pictures coming soon!:D

Crested gecko diet with chameleons? I don't understand that. Did you use it as a dust or did you provide it mixed with water to drink?

It is not intended to be used dry. Allen has stated this repeated on the Repashy Forums. I've never heard it be suggested to use as a dusting either.

I think each situation will be different, depending on type of chameleon, what feeders you choose, what gutload ingredients you use - so there is no single supplement solution that fits everyones needs.

The Repashy Calicum Plus all in one was intended as a daily supplement - it is balanced with that in mind, and there are reported successes with this method. So it would seem this is a viable option for some situations.

I personally will not be using the Repashy Calcium Plus as a daily supplement. Partly because I just dont supplement daily - it is not necessary given my situation. Also because my panther chameleons have not needed preformed vitamin A, to date, to be healthy. Thus adding in preformed A in anything other than a small way is not required or advisable for MY situation. Also, I have no problem with a somewhat "complicated" routine, I dont need things to be the same every day. I like to adjust what I supplement with according to what I perceive the needs of the day to be - and I have sufficient experience to rely on in this regard. I do think the Repashy product will become a standard part of my range of choices - I expect to continue using it.

The product seems to be fitting my needs so far. The directions on the container say, " Best applied by placing insects in a plastic bag or container with calcium plus and shake to lightly coat insects. Feed insects to your reptile shortly thereafter." Nowhere on the container does it state that the supplement is meant for a crested gecko. There is a picture of a gecko and a frog on the container, but no specifications. Oh yeah, and it smells like strawberries and bananas! Awesome...:D

so this product can be used daily, without the need for bi weekly vitamin supplements or d3 supplements and is effective on panther chameleons?

so this product can be used daily, without the need for bi weekly vitamin supplements or d3 supplements and is effective on panther chameleons?

Thats my understanding. The Kammers have been using it for about 3 years now with all their chameleons and have recommended it as a complete dusting alternative.

I've only had Flash for about 6 weeks now, but he is doing fine with the crickets being gutloaded with Bug Burger and dusted daily with this supplement. When I first got the container, I thought that this wouldn't last very long......I have since changed my thinking. It takes VERY LITTLE of this to coat a dozen to a dozen and a half 1/2" crickets. It should last a long time with me only feeding one chameleon.

Ordered some of this stuff and waiting for it to arrive. I will be using this for my Panther & Yemen.

Looking forward to seeing the results from this stuff

Calcium Plus Vitamin A min 200,000 IU/lb vs. Vitamin A min 10,000 IU/lb in Crested Gecko diet.

I was using the both Crested Gecko diet and Calcium Plus as a supplements. (Crested Gecko diet states it can be used on Chams.)

After about 6 month of use my panther started to drink way more and finally passed away. I mentioned this to a local breeder and he stated that it was probably because of the Vitamin A.

Any thoughts?

I would not use CGD on a cham. It was designed for crested geckos and COULD be used for other animals. It might say it is okay on the package but chams are delicate and it is better to stick with what people agree one with husbandry. I'm sorry if it killed your baby :(

I picked up the calcium plus and bug burger yesterday at an expo :) I'm so excited to try it out!!

Back
Top Bottom