Repashy Calcium Plus LOD every feeding.

DonKeesh

Chameleon Enthusiast
I wouldn't suggest this with all chameleons. However I am feeding 2-3 prey items every other day with LOD lightly dusted on every feeding. Have been doing this for about 8 months, No signs of over supplementation. UVB is about 2.5uvi at basking. I like the results so far...

PXL_20211214_195227961.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Flukers Reptacalcium 100,000 IU/lb
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb
ZooMed ReptiCalcium 22,907 IU/kg
Mineral -indoor 2000ui per kg
Repashy calcium plus LoD 20,000 ui/kg
Repashy calcium plus 44,444 iu/kg
arcadia is also about 20,000 ui/kg

I do mineral all indoor for all calcium dusting for the last 25 yeas with good results.

The only thing i would question on your technique, is low calcium. What are the other feeders on "off" days getting dusted with?

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb

I do mineral all indoor for all calcium dusting for the last 25 yeas with good results.

The only thing i would question on your technique, is low calcium. What are the other feeders on "off" days getting dusted with?
Sorry is this a chart of D3 amounts?

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb

All feeders every feeding are getting LoD. No off days. I will admit this is probably not a good idea unless feeding amounts have tapered off (adult chameleon). During his rapid growth as a juvenile I followed the arcadia supplement schedule with Earthpro A.

All feeders every feeding are getting LoD. No off days. I will admit this is probably not a good idea unless feeding amounts have tapered off (adult chameleon). During his rapid growth as a juvenile I followed the arcadia supplement schedule with Earthpro A.

Ehhhhhhhhh id be careful...

First with the new "3.0 uvi" spec you are to eliminate or severely reduce D3. The goal of the new spec is to eliminate supplementing.

Second LOD is the "D3 day" calcium that is twice a month. Most dont recommend higher than LOD for D3 day.

So for another random data point, im running half your UVI, and 10x less D3.

What you are doing may be perfect (and even optimal for super fast growth stages) for non adults. But id really keep an eye out for edema over the next 6 months.

Ehhhhhhhhh id be careful...

First with the new "3.0 uvi" spec you are to eliminate or severely reduce D3. The goal of the new spec is to eliminate supplementing.

Second LOD is the "D3 day" calcium that is twice a month. Most dont recommend higher than LOD for D3 day.

So for another random data point, im running half your UVI, and 10x less D3.

What you are doing may be perfect (and even optimal for super fast growth stages) for non adults. But id really keep an eye out for edema over the next 6 months.
@nightanole Absolutely and I appreciate your input... Definitely watching for signs of over supplementation daily. My thoughts are... big time breeders like kammerflage, where cryo is from, actually recommend calcium plus regular every feeding. They have been doing this for years. Figured doing LoD daily was kind of a middle ground. Also check out the interview with Allen Repashy on chameleon academy podcast. Some interesting data points. I knew this would be controversial but it's been working so far. I also used this when keeping outdoors all summer with great results. Again would not recommend this for all species.

Thanks

@nightanole Absolutely and I appreciate your input... Definitely watching for signs of over supplementation daily. My thoughts are... big time breeders like kammerflage, where cryo is from, actually recommend calcium plus regular every feeding. They have been doing this for years. Figured doing LoD daily was kind of a middle ground. Also check out the interview with Allen Repashy on chameleon academy podcast. Some interesting data points. I knew this would be controversial but it's been working so far. I also used this when keeping outdoors all summer with great results. Again would not recommend this for all species.

Thanks

Got any info on how kammerflage handles/supplements the adult males? I could totally see them rearing all the babies with LOD. Ive even had breeders use zero UVB (just shop lights and leds) and supplement with 100% D3 for full control.

Got any info on how kammerflage handles/supplements the adult males? I could totally see them rearing all the babies with LOD. Ive even had breeders use zero UVB (just shop lights and leds) and supplement with 100% D3 for full control.
Just the chameleon academy episode with Ed Kammer

Back
Top Bottom