Repashy all in one/ kink and tongue

camimom

I was wondering if I should use a multivitamin along with this supplement?
It will be my first time using it so I just want to make sure I dont neglect something else.
I was also wondering if I should be using vitamin A at all... Im concerned hes not getting enough.

As a side note- Kink seems to be missing when he shoots at crickets once in a while. and hes cup fed.

What kind of cham is kink? A veiled?

I suggest not to add any vit a with the repashy all in one...its enough, i did that with my avyx and he got minor gular edema..so do not add anything else.

My zulu had a tongue problem... my advice is to stop cup feeding and try to hand feed " ex.cercise his tongue" and then free range his food

Using the repashy, handfeed exercises, and natural sunshine, he is ok now and i freerange...it takes alot of time, patience, and committment but it worked out for me

Hope this helps

If you have montane species, go easy on the dusting, try everyother day instead of everyday...or experiment to see what works

Whaymt kind od vham is kink? I suggest not to add any vit a with the repashy all in one...its enough, i did that with my avyx and he got minor gular edema..so do not add anything else.

My zulu had a tongue problem... my advice is to stop cup feeding and try to hand feed " ex.cercise his tongue" and then free range his food

Using the repashy, handfeed exercises, and natural sunshine, he is ok now and i freerange...it takes alot of time, patience, and committment but it worked out for me

Hope this helps

If you have montane species, go easy on the dusting, try everyother day instead of everyday...or experiment to see what works

Kink is a veiled. I cant free range food bc I free range him. And I cant do natural sunshine because I live in MD. no outside time until next spring.
I will try handfeeding. Ive been able to do it once or twice with hornworms.

As for montane species, I do have a hoe, but he gets dusted every two days and very lightly at that.

What do you feed to kink?
what do you gutload with?
how do you provide water?
did the tongue / aim trouble happen suddenly, or is it getting worse over time? how often does he miss? does he totally miss, or is the tongue hitting but not sticking?

Usually, I would not suggest any vitamin supplement in addition to the repashy product.

you may find this blog entry useful:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/232-tongue-troubles.html

What do you feed to kink?
what do you gutload with?
how do you provide water?
did the tongue / aim trouble happen suddenly, or is it getting worse over time? how often does he miss? does he totally miss, or is the tongue hitting but not sticking?

Usually, I would not suggest any vitamin supplement in addition to the repashy product.

you may find this blog entry useful:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/232-tongue-troubles.html

i gutload with oranges, apples, potatoes, dandilion leaves, the cricket food that mulberryfarms sells. carrots and mustard greens.
He is eating large crickets, a hornworm every other day, and the occasional waxworm (2 every other week)
he gets hand misted 4 times a day, for 2 minutes each. warm tap water.
As far as i am aware the tongue aiming issue happend suddenly. I cup fed for weeks, and I would hold the cup while he caught food.
I cant say if he is missing with aim, or the food isnt sticking, because the cup is not see through and I hold it higher than my head.

i dont think its getting worse, and he doesnt miss every time, id say he's missing one out of every 5-6 crickets. When I hand feed hiim his hornworms though, he doesnt miss, just when the crickets are in the cup.

Ill read the blog momentarily.

oK. So I just read the blog.
It is not caused from trauma, I have seen the tongue and it looks healthy. He can also extend it out far (ive seen it whenhe went after a hornworm)
Nothing is lodged in his mouth because when i got him to hiss at me I checked his mouth. SO he has nothing stuck, no damage, no mouth rot or URI. No wheezing, gaping, etc.
No parasites, just had a fecal done about 3 weeks ago and all clear.
No eye issues, they are healthy and good.
Cant be dehydration, his urates are white and his eyes arent sunken. not to mention I see him drink regularly.
ANd it cant be age because he is only ten months.
I use stuff from your gutloading list, and supplement properly, calci without d3 every feed, calci with d3 2x a month, and a multivitamin 2xa month.
I can only guess that he has a deficiency of some kind. He hasnt been eating as many crickets lately, about 3-4 every two days, and a hornworm every other day ( I know I could be setting him up for a hunger strike with the worms, but I dont need him going without food when he is still growing).
So with less food, hes getting less supplements. Im hoping the repashy all in one will help with the tongue.
If he doesnt have a deficiency, then hes just getting lazy from having mom cup feeding him. lol. just kidding.
I am not overly concerned about his tongue, simply because he isnt missing often, and everything seems to be in working order with the rest of him, so we are not doing a vet visit just yet.
Just thought id pose the question, see what people came up with, to prevent a serious problem later on.

I have two flapnecks - captive hatched - and they have had some slight issues since we got them - slow to grow, tongue not shooting far, missing, reaching out with the tongue very slowly. I have always hand fed them in addition to letting them hunt sometimes. As their tongue issues got worse I solely hand fed. I have always gut-loaded with loads of fresh fruits and veggies, dandelion and mustard greens, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, blueberries and cricket crack. I recently started using the repashy bug burger with the cricket crack and some (but less) fresh gutload items.

I used to do the standard dusting schedule but I started using the repashy all in one about three weeks ago. I am already seeing improvement with the tongue issues. Also, a couple of my chams were fussy about the supplements, now they eat everything - even when I may be a little heavy handed with the dusting. (whoops).

I'm not using anything else and I feed every other day so that is when I supplement. I am very happy with the results I am seeing with all my chameleons so far.

I got a little bit of the repashy from TX Ranger about 2 months ago and have been dusting with that every other day as well. I have already seen improvement in my oldest panther that has a cronic problem with tounge aim. His tounge has gotten more acurate and his appetite has been great every feeding. I have not seen any adverse affects in any of my chams or in the leopard geckos we have. In fact, I think the colors of my male and female chams has gotten brighter since using it. I have also had no hunger strikes at all since dusting with this stuff. Hardly concrete evidence after only 2 months but it looks encouraging.

im sorry im in a bit of a rush and havent read anyones posts but vitamin A i think should be given. People always say beta carotene is enough, but i have had chams who were regularly supplemented with beta carotene yet had a vit A defitientcy

I use stuff from your gutloading list, and supplement properly, calci without d3 every feed, calci with d3 2x a month, and a multivitamin 2xa month.
I can only guess that he has a deficiency of some kind.

Potatoes arent a great choice for gutloading
What brands of supplements were you using with the above schedule before switching to repashy? which repashy product do you now use and on what schedule?
what is in the purchased cricket food?
Do you only offer crickets, hornworms and waxworms?

Potatoes arent a great choice for gutloading
What brands of supplements were you using with the above schedule before switching to repashy? which repashy product do you now use and on what schedule?
what is in the purchased cricket food?
Do you only offer crickets, hornworms and waxworms?

I know they arent a great choice, but I dont have access to alot of gutload stuff from your list, so i have to make due withwhat i can. its better than what i was first doing which was just carrots and apples and the cube stuff from petsmart. (whcih i dont use anymore)
I was using repcal d3, reptivite, and repti calcium without d3.
i have no idea whats in the purchasaed food, it came from mulberry farms (it looks like bread crumbs)
I offer crickets, hornworms, waxworms, and reptiworms.
I wont do roaches, and cant find hoppers. I dont like supers or mealies.
the repashy product i use now is
repashy superfoods calcium plus vitamin and calcium supplement. I only just got it though, so i have not used it yet.

I just re read your blog on gutloading, and am going to add some of the following items:
sunflower seeds
seseme seeds
dried cranberries
yeast
butternut squash
peas
blueberries
raspberries

started dusting crickets with Repashy and noticed an increase in appetite and activity. Also began gutloading with the bug burger at the same time.

Figured I would update everyone on Kink's slight tongue issue.
After using the repashy for every feeding for the last month, I am happy to report that Kink does not appear to be missing his feeders when he shoots his tongue. (knock on wood)
Just lettin ya know! :D

Figured I would update everyone on Kink's slight tongue issue.
After using the repashy for every feeding for the last month, I am happy to report that Kink does not appear to be missing his feeders when he shoots his tongue. (knock on wood)
Just lettin ya know! :D

thats gr8 :) im happy for you and Kink

Back
Top Bottom