Remedies for cat pee?

Toothless the cham

Established Member
My cat has been peeing in my room for about a month now. I've been trying to stop it but I have not found any way to. My chameleons are in the room that the cat is peeing in. Is there any possible remedies for cat pee or even just to keep my cat out of the room without hurting or even killing the chameleons?

This should do the trick. You might want to get you cat checked for a urinary tract infection or FUS. He/she might have some irritating crystals in his/her bladder.
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 9.21.01 AM.png

This should do the trick. You might want to get you cat checked for a urinary tract infection or FUS. He/she might have some irritating crystals in his/her bladder.
View attachment 250008

Good to know this, when we moved my cats were upset and peed on some stuff. We thought we had to throw it out! Washed it, soaked in vinegar and baking soda, etc... they never did this before.

If you get a new cat/pet or move them somewhere new then it probably isn't a physical problem but if it happens out of the blue then it's worth checking for physical problems.

Cats I have a pretty good knowledge of, unlike chams.
As you’ve already been told, you need to make sure cat doesn’t have any health issues with a vet visit. If cat is healthy, the vet will tell you, “it must be behavioral” and send you on your way. So, you need to then figure out what has changed. Could it be jealous of your cham or another creature, including other humans. Try giving extra love and see if that helps. Is the litter box cleaned regularly? Is it of adequate size and in a convenient but private enough location? Is it an unneutered male? It’s also possible that whoever lived there before you had a cat that left urine odor in that spot. Using enzymatic cleaner and odor neutralizer may only eliminate the odor to our noses. If worse comes to worse, you might try putting a litter box in that spot.
Main thing is that cats do not respond at all to punishment. It only makes them mean and won’t stop the behavior.

I
Cats I have a pretty good knowledge of, unlike chams.
As you’ve already been told, you need to make sure cat doesn’t have any health issues with a vet visit. If cat is healthy, the vet will tell you, “it must be behavioral” and send you on your way. So, you need to then figure out what has changed. Could it be jealous of your cham or another creature, including other humans. Try giving extra love and see if that helps. Is the litter box cleaned regularly? Is it of adequate size and in a convenient but private enough location? Is it an unneutered male? It’s also possible that whoever lived there before you had a cat that left urine odor in that spot. Using enzymatic cleaner and odor neutralizer may only eliminate the odor to our noses. If worse comes to worse, you might try putting a litter box in that spot.
Main thing is that cats do not respond at all to punishment. It only makes them mean and won’t stop the behavior.
Is it OK to have a litter box in the same room as chams. I think I read somewhere not to put one in by chams because it can irritate them or something

You have to keep up with the cleaning because the ammonia from the urine can be irritating to lung tissue.

Back
Top Bottom