Reliable and Good Online Breeders to Buy A Veiled Chameleon From

lassiethecham

Hi! I've been researching veiled chameleons for a long time now and I think it is finally time to get one! I have the enclosure almost finished and am just looking for places to buy a veiled chameleon. I have no breeders near me besides chain stores which I have heard from many people you shouldn't buy from because they could come sick and that is very hard to keep care of for a new chameleon owner (like me) to start off with a sick chameleon. So since my first choice of picking one up in a store will not work I'm wondering if there is any online breeders that I can buy from that ship overnight (that's what I've heard from my research is the best way to buy a veiled chameleon , or any chameleon, online {if the ship overnight}) that are reliable and have been worked for people before. Just to state: I am looking for a male baby veiled chameleon because that is what I have done all my research on and know how to take care of. I've been researching Underground Reptiles: is that a reliable and good online breeder? I have heard mixed opinions on it and am just wondering. Also another factor that plays into what online breeder to buy from for me is that they know what sex the chameleon is and give you the right gender since I have done my research on male veiled chameleons and know that their are some things you also have to learn if you get a female veiled chameleon ( but I don't know how to take care of a female), so I would only like a male. Thanks to anyone that helps!

Hi! I've been researching veiled chameleons for a long time now and I think it is finally time to get one! I have the enclosure almost finished and am just looking for places to buy a veiled chameleon. I have no breeders near me besides chain stores which I have heard from many people you shouldn't buy from because they could come sick and that is very hard to keep care of for a new chameleon owner (like me) to start off with a sick chameleon. So since my first choice of picking one up in a store will not work I'm wondering if there is any online breeders that I can buy from that ship overnight (that's what I've heard from my research is the best way to buy a veiled chameleon , or any chameleon, online {if the ship overnight}) that are reliable and have been worked for people before. Just to state: I am looking for a male baby veiled chameleon because that is what I have done all my research on and know how to take care of. I've been researching Underground Reptiles: is that a reliable and good online breeder? I have heard mixed opinions on it and am just wondering. Also another factor that plays into what online breeder to buy from for me is that they know what sex the chameleon is and give you the right gender since I have done my research on male veiled chameleons and know that their are some things you also have to learn if you get a female veiled chameleon ( but I don't know how to take care of a female), so I would only like a male. Thanks to anyone that helps!
Also, UndergroundReptiles Chams If I'm not mistaken are "Field Collected"

There are many outlets for you from our forum sponsors and also members that breed veilds. Don't know who has babies available now but sure others will chime in. By the way;Underground reptiles would not be one on my list. Good that you are doing your research as there is much to learn. Welcome and good luck.

Stay away from underground. And regardless of where you get it from be sure you get a fecal done right away to be sure he or she is healthy

Ditto. Would NOT buy from undergroundreptiles. However, FLchams is good. Chromatic chameleons is good. There are a few site sponsors who would be good to buy from.

So I'm not trying to go after FLchams, but there has been several members who bought chams from them with coccidia. Kind of a big issue to be brushed under the rug.
Agreed. Whenever you get a chameleon you should get a fecal done to rule out parasites.

Do you think they have a clause about coccidia? Like, no returns if your animal is sick? (Just curious)

Agreed. Whenever you get a chameleon you should get a fecal done to rule out parasites.

Do you think they have a clause about coccidia? Like, no returns if your animal is sick? (Just curious)

Honestly, I have no idea. I'd just be very hesitant to order from a place with a history of coccidia. It should be their responsibility to make it right IMO. Outside of that I would have ordered a veiled from them if I was in the market.

Does anyone know if SATOO reptiles and Aquatics is reliable?
I have no idea about them.
It does say, according to their page, that they are sold out of chameleons.

I would buy from a forums sponsor, and before I bought from ANYONE i would ask questions to the breeders, look up reviews, and make a post about them to see if other forum members have dealt with them and what their experience was.

Man, I didnt realize there were so many people with this issue with FLchams. I hope they do something about it.

I wouldnt have recommended had I realized, but that is the realest example as to why you need to do your research first, NO MATTER WHO YOU BUY FROM.

Back
Top Bottom