released some superworms

vasol

so i had a container of superworms for awhile since my cham is too small to eat them. they kept chewing through the lid and escaping so i decided to release them in my garden, are they gona go crazy and eat everything LOL

71099_253923143864_2183969_n.jpg

"Eh He He He, Oh My Word Yes, They're Gonna eat Your neighbour lawns to Dirt, possibly becoming a plague which may starve and become attracted to human flesh and go on a feeding frenzy consuming everything in their path!"
Dr-Hibbert.jpg

"Eh He He he!" :D
71099_253923143864_2183969_n.jpg

50354_2263769621_9173_n.jpg

:) NO!

Last edited:
so i had a container of superworms for awhile since my cham is too small to eat them. they kept chewing through the lid and escaping so i decided to release them in my garden, are they gona go crazy and eat everything LOL

Get your flack jacket on...releasing any non-native animal to your yard is irresponsible! You could unintentionally create or establish a population of pest insects, poison soil organisms, injure naturally occurring beneficial insects, attract birds to a place where they are endangered by other risks (like free roaming cats).

Maybe the chances of any of these events happening because of YOUR particular superworms is remote, but the point is...dumping something alien in your yard because it is inconvenient for you is a terrible idea! Why do you think we now have unwanted exotic plants and animals roaming this country? (bullfrogs, pythons, weeds, agricultural pest insects, plant diseases, chytrid fungus, parasites, bacteria, rats, mice, feral cats, dogs, starlings, who knows what else) Because of ditching unwanted animals without a thought for the consequences.

The next time you have something live and exotic you don't want, think twice.

If it's a bug, throw them in the freezer or you can make a quick buck and sell them. Problem solved.

Great Thinking Kara, I use frozen ones for feeding my turtles and fish (after thawing).
Good safe 'environmentally friendly' method of disposal.
That said, Im sure it's more likely they very quickly became wildlife meals than wildlife pests, but Carlton is right, try not to do that if you can. :)

Darkling beetles eat both fresh and decaying vegetation. Major predators include birds, rodents, sunspiders, and lizards.

What sense of humor? I'm serious. I tossed some supers out the front door and my daughter and I were afraid to go outside for a week....

interesting, yea i thought about the whole introducing a new species to my backyard thing, but i figured 20-30 worms wouldnt hurt. i just hope they dont eat my dads crops...as hes getting ready to plant stuff since its springtime

Back
Top Bottom