refrigerating feeders

Snootchie0210

I just bought a feeder package online. It consists of 110 crickets, 100 phoenix worms, 100 meal worms, 50 super worms, and 50 wax worms. I also bought some butter worms in addition.

I was just wondering which worms I can put in the fridge. I only have one chameleon and use worms mainly as treats. I want to know which worms I can put in the fridge to give them a longer "shelf life"

Thanks.

from that list only the wax worms. if you ever get them butterworms and blue bottle fly pupa

thats what i have experience with putting in a fridge

Gah. I put all except the super worms on the fridge. I gave the meal worms to my cousin (for his bearded dragon). I guess I'll take the rest out of the fridge when I get home from work. I hope they"re not all dead.

How about the Phoenix worms? The wax worms and the Phoenix worms are very similar.I put them on the same container. Because the Phoenix worms came with nicer "bedding'.

You may be better off using a cooler for them. A few cold packs on one side, a few bugs and worms on the other :D. It wont get quite as cold as the 40 degrees or less that a fridge should run at. Plus, you wont scare the #%@& out of someone going to get some milk :rolleyes:.

That's actually not a bad idea. I'll pass by a convenience store after work. Keep those worms out of sight. When my friends come over, they all like my panther chameleon. But they think I'm weird for having crickets and worms around. Like I keep those as pets. Hehe.

That's actually not a bad idea. I'll pass by a convenience store after work. Keep those worms out of sight. When my friends come over, they all like my panther chameleon. But they think I'm weird for having crickets and worms around. Like I keep those as pets. Hehe.

It works well to slow the growth of hornworms also. The fridge will usually kill them off after a day.

You can also put the meal worms In the fridge, depending On how many u have and how many ur feeding, I leave mine In for 2 days out for 1 sometimes 2.

I just bought a feeder package online. It consists of 110 crickets, 100 phoenix worms, 100 meal worms, 50 super worms, and 50 wax worms. I also bought some butter worms in addition.

I was just wondering which worms I can put in the fridge. I only have one chameleon and use worms mainly as treats. I want to know which worms I can put in the fridge to give them a longer "shelf life"

Thanks.

Not sure if you will have the same reaction but be careful with your butter worms, I was giving one a week as a treat and my veiled developed a reaction, his scales around is mouth turned black one day after eating one.. they mostly faded back to normal within days. I posted pics and a thread, members helped me figure out it was the butter worms. Anyways feeders for thought.. lol!

Not sure if you will have the same reaction but be careful with your butter worms, I was giving one a week as a treat and my veiled developed a reaction, his scales around is mouth turned black one day after eating one.. they mostly faded back to normal within days. I posted pics and a thread, members helped me figure out it was the butter worms. Anyways feeders for thought.. lol!

I wished I saw your thread prior to ordering them. I just bought them because I hear good things about them. I fed Dexter 2 butterworms yesterday. I fed him crickets earlier before leaving work but I didn't notice anything peculiar about him. I'll take a better look when I get home from work later, just to make sure.

I wished I saw your thread prior to ordering them. I just bought them because I hear good things about them. I fed Dexter 2 butterworms yesterday. I fed him crickets earlier before leaving work but I didn't notice anything peculiar about him. I'll take a better look when I get home from work later, just to make sure.

I feed my chameleons and my bearded dragon butter worms and none have had an issue. I have seen a few cases of the skin discoloration around the mouth, but I still feed them and my boys love them.

Back
Top Bottom