refreshing or stressful change?

bryantt

Hi everyone,

Just wanted some advice, since reading items on the forum I can see its suggested that you do not alter your chameleons vivarium set up as this is stressful for them.

Ive had my chamleon for a year now... I keep his viv clean day to day by cleaning leaves etc but once a month I will totally give his viv a spring clean and give it a totally new look and feel for him.

However he has never shown signs of being stressed by this, when he goes back in he usaully pauses for a moment and then will explore straight away and go to his new basking spot, his colour seems fine and he seems content.

He has never been shy, he never hides in the foliage and is very confident on comign out.

I just wanted to confirm that although most chameleons by the sounds of things dont enjoy change but maybe mine doesnt mind or should I stop all together? Is this just a big no no?

If he seems fine with it then carry on.

It may change as he gets older though, so just keep an eye on his mood.

If it helps, what I do when I clean is take a picture of the enclosure after I take something out, thst way I can look at the pictures and see exactly how I had stuff placed to the T.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted some advice, since reading items on the forum I can see its suggested that you do not alter your chameleons vivarium set up as this is stressful for them.

Ive had my chamleon for a year now... I keep his viv clean day to day by cleaning leaves etc but once a month I will totally give his viv a spring clean and give it a totally new look and feel for him.

However he has never shown signs of being stressed by this, when he goes back in he usaully pauses for a moment and then will explore straight away and go to his new basking spot, his colour seems fine and he seems content.

He has never been shy, he never hides in the foliage and is very confident on comign out.

I just wanted to confirm that although most chameleons by the sounds of things dont enjoy change but maybe mine doesnt mind or should I stop all together? Is this just a big no no?

IMHO, what may be more of a problem is CONSTANTLY rearranging his cage setup every few days over and over. An occasional change over a longer time isn't really a big deal. If he's healthy he'll adjust and get used to the new space.

Back
Top Bottom