Reflection in window

mightymisha9

My new male veiled is settling in nicely, and eating and drinking like a champ. He keeps showing dark colors, and occasionally posturing as though reacting to a threat. He doesn't react like that to any of us, and he turns bright green when he is let out to explore. I am wondering if he is reacting to his reflection in the glass of the doors of his vivarium. The sides and top of his viv are screen for max air flow, but I left the doors glass to maintain adequate humidity. Does anyone have any ideas for reducing the reflectiveness of the glass while still being able to enjoy watching him through the windows?

First of all, when they turn light outside their cages, its just because everything is new and the chameleon is showing stress colors. I think you could just make sure that there is a lot of greenery so that he can't really see the glass. Good filler plants are schefflera, pothos, ficus, and star jasmine. You can hang the pothos vines up on the walls of the enclosure using suction cups and such. Ficus is good because it naturally fills out and grows up.

Back
Top Bottom