Red on baby Nosy Be???

I'm sorry but that just isn't always the case. Nosy be in the wild can be green in color and they can have a little red. Even the "true blue" lines will have half yellow lips from time to time. Even if you bred what you know are "true blues" , you can have males that develop red, half yellow lips, etc.

My Plasma came from Vincent at Screameleons and he is considered a "True Blue", but has a half yellow lip. I do have to say, I do like the cobalt blue look, but I am open to some variation.

Here is Plasma:

nosybe-1.jpg

Great cham:)

Blue

Yeah it's not that I would disown him or anything, it's just that I payed a lot of extra money specifically for a the true blue bloodline.

Well let me fill you in on something I learned. He is a true blue blood line however that does not mean he will be blue, you never know what your going to get with these guys. Bodhi's sire was bright blue and early on Bodhi showed a ton of blue but as he got older he stopped showing blue. In the wild Nosy Be's are not blue in fact green is the norm. So it's hard for the breeder to select a "blue" because it can change as they grow. What I was told it also has to do with diet and supplements (I'm no vet so I don't know). At first I was really bent that Bodhi was not blue, but with the way he ended up I would not have traded his personality and demeanor for all the blue in the world. I wanted a cham that was social and boy be careful what you wish for I had to fight to keep him in the cage and get him back in the cage. If I was home he figured he should be out hanging out with me/us, not even worms could keep him in the cage. The blue is in your boys blood just give him time and see what happens. I would trade 100 blue Chameleons if I could have Bodhi back we miss him so much.

Lol

yes i realize how hard it is to achieve a perfect true blue in my eyes but it is one of my goals to get a line that only produces them.

ROFLMAO!!! You can not control what these guys look like even with breeding they are wired the way they are and to say that you are only going to produce Blues is absolutely ridiculous. If there is one thing we learned from Jurassic Park NATURE WILL FIND A WAY :D

ROFLMAO!!! You can not control what these guys look like even with breeding they are wired the way they are and to say that you are only going to produce Blues is absolutely ridiculous. If there is one thing we learned from Jurassic Park NATURE WILL FIND A WAY :D

I didnt say I was going to be able to but instead that its a future goal to try to. There are full blue nosy's out there. Im glad you find it hilarious, pick yourself up off the floor.

I didnt say I was going to be able to but instead that its a future goal to try to. There are full blue nosy's out there. Im glad you find it hilarious, pick yourself up off the floor.

I'm just saying you can try but it's impossible to not have a green. Even from a true blue line ya know, it just happens. The only for sure way to get a blue is with some spray paint from osh. I think all chams are beautiful ( this took time) at first I did not like the red ones. If you ever do produce 100% blues back by a warranty I will buy one.

No mention of females in this discussion?:)
the male is only half of the genetics,if you have no females with the desired "blue trait" your not going to get true blue babies
The females is more important IMO.

They go through so many changes. Just when you think there done and a specific color they can change. A lot of nosy's have some red in them and their genetics are so diverse that things can pop out. He is young, wait until he gets older I am positive you won't be disappointed! The Kammers have the most proven true blue lines out there.

Back
Top Bottom