Red Eye Tree Frogs

ABbuggin

I think this is the right place for this. If it isn't mods, feel free to move. :)

I just went over to a friend's house to help create him a vivarium for his pair of red eye tree frogs. When I first saw them, I was stunned at their vibrancy!

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

And a few pics of their new habitat including a waterfall and fogger. :)

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

I breed this type of frog. My sons and I produced several hundred from several clutches this past year.

That terrarium is beautiful.

Beware of excessive humidity in the enclosure with little air exchange.
A fogger should be used very sparingly mostly for effect on humans viewing the terrarium, not for routine care of these frogs.

They can't handle the humidity and lack of ventilation a dart frog thrives in for example.

Just a word of caution- maybe your friend already knows all this. I couldn't tell the ventilation situation from the pics.

I definitely have terrarium envy- the tank you guys set up is beautiful to look at- our red eyes are kept in very simple enclosures for ease of cleaning- paper towel substrate type thing. Want to get a big show tank for them sometime...

I breed this type of frog. My sons and I produced several hundred from several clutches this past year.

That terrarium is beautiful.

Beware of excessive humidity in the enclosure with little air exchange.
A fogger should be used very sparingly mostly for effect on humans viewing the terrarium, not for routine care of these frogs.

They can't handle the humidity and lack of ventilation a dart frog thrives in for example.

Just a word of caution- maybe your friend already knows all this. I couldn't tell the ventilation situation from the pics.

I definitely have terrarium envy- the tank you guys set up is beautiful to look at- our red eyes are kept in very simple enclosures for ease of cleaning- paper towel substrate type thing. Want to get a big show tank for them sometime...

I was just about to post that someone in the forum breed these... By the way did you ever update the thread?

Back
Top Bottom