Red Body Blue Bar Ambilobe HELP PLEASE!!

Brian

Does this Ambilobe look okay? He has a scab or a scar on his lip, It falls off and keeps coming back again. Do you think I shouldtake him to the vet? What do you think it could be? Mouthrot? Hes 6 months old and eating an average 9-10 crix a day and drink normally.

Brian

Last edited:
Yes definitely get that guy to a vet. So he is a son of Meka? Good looking blue bar but yea if it keeps coming back its probably infected.

-chris

Well you said red body blue bar and I was just thinking back who had them in the last 3 months. Also, I have seen a some of them in person when they were younger. He is good looking but the true red body blue bar is hard to replicate. I don't think anyone has done it successfully yet. Yours definitely is a looker though...his greens probably fire up yellow and the reds are in his face and tale with some nice blue barring. Great Ambilobe, but get that lip taken care of, many times if it gets bad and they lose scales around their lips it doesn't grow back.

-chris

Is it a big procedure or complicated, or is it just a matter of him subscribing me an ointment?

Brian

Just depends on exactly what is causing it. I would say that it is constantly getting infected so your vet will either prescribe Baytril or Fortaz. I personally am a strong believer in the Fortaz, I don't mess with Baytil at all, it is a very strong drug whereas I have been getting great results with Fortaz. They have oral Baytril and Fortaz is injection, but very easy to do.

-chris

I just found a vet in my City, from the Kammers web-site. How much do you think the trip will cost me, incluing the antibiotics?

It all depends on the vet and all depends on what meds he prescribes. Be prepared for at least $100 and be surprised if it is less but it shouldn't be over $200

-chris

You have a beautiful cham!!! I havent had to take my guy to the vet yet but I called once on a fecal and they were going to charge me 65 for just the exam, then another 35 for the fecal not including the antibiotics.... luckly he turned himself around and is doing much better.. but that scab doesnt look to pleasing... :( I hope you get it worked out!

Usually 35-50 for the visit, plus any work they do on site, plus the antibiotics Rx. With a looker like you've got here, the vet may give an injection (antibiotic) during the visit. Blood work is a little spendy too, and if you haven't had it done yet, with an infection on his lip, I'd recommend it, its always good to get counts so you can stay on top of supplementing...

Thanks...yeah he's a very nice Chameleon!! I will make an appointment for the vet, I've been doing chameleons for about 4 years know and never had to take one to the vet (knock on wood). Thats the reason Im a bit worried. Thanks Everybody!

Brian

I have this same problem with my Veiled, Luie. We talked before in a former thread. I am taking Luie back to the vet again tomorrow for his. I will let you know what happens this time. Jann

Well...the vet saw him and said its just a little scab and nothing to worry about. I was told if I like I can put neosporin, or clean it out every once and a while with some hydrogen peroxide...he said it'll heal up nicely. I also noticed a few days ago he would keep his right eye closed constently, I told Dr.Greek about it and he gave me some drops to put in his eyes 3 times a day until it heals. He said the reason chameleons in captivity get eye problems is because we dont mist them often...and they wash there eyes out that way.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom