Record keeping for Ryker's eye recovery

So I have changed some things as far as supplementation for Ryker. Since he is now spending 4-5 hours AT LEAST, every day outside, he is no longer taking any form of supplemental D3. I will be getting a powdered Reptivite without D3 added. I also will be providing his usual liquid calcium once I flush his system a bit (for about half a week or a week) to make sure he is where he needs to be and not overdosed. (though he isn't showing gular edema signs, he may be showing other signs of hypervitaminosis in D form) So he's not getting any supplements at the moment other than good feeders of course. So right now just breathing and crossing fingers

I will take one tomorrow. He will be settling down soon due to sun going down and him being moved inside. I will make sure to take various ones while he is in the sun. You can see random swelling and light curving at his ankles, and I have been doing liquid calcium for a while now, now I am wondering how much of it is based on him being overdosed with supplemental D3 while he is making plenty of his own?

Hoping it's not done too much damage and I can reverse it. We shall see, and tomorrow I would love to see your opinion. I will be taking him into our exotic vet soon because he needs to have an eye flushed, he is in the middle of a major shed and as soon as something irritates his bad eye I cannot get him to rinse it well or even lubricate it enough to get it open So I am assuming, even with regular 2-3 times a day showers and lots of mistings, I think he got a shed stuck in his eye. Which means we have to do our maintenance eye flushing. Might talk to Dr. Choy about possible blood testing if she thinks it'd be a good idea. I kind of would like to know his levels right now.

Back
Top Bottom