Recommended Vet in Long Islan, NY

Smeagol

I have been using a vet in Plainview for the past few months, who has not fixed the current problem with my chameleon. Can someone recommend a GOOD vet on the island? Thanks

sadly I don't know a good vet on LI at this time but I'll look into it for you.
if I'm not mistaken, there is a member from LI that has planty of chams and I'm sure if he shows up he'll have a good one for you.

even in Brooklyn and the city, there are not many good reliable vets that deal with chams...it's realy sad out here.

Harry

while out of date, and not too informitive, here is a small list in the NY area for vets...
http://www.herpvetconnection.com/newyork.shtml

if anything, you could start making some phone calls and see if they know of any vets close to your area that deals with chams.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpfull.
even I am looking for a better vet in my area of Brooklyn.

Harry

Thanks Harry, I've been to 2 of the vets on the list, and have been striking out. One of the member recommended the one I'm seeing now, but my poor guys eye is not better. If you hear of any please keep me posted. Thanks.

And thanks for the bump Jann;)

can you give us a little more info on the problem with the "eye" ?
some photos could also help members give some advice.

Harry

I replied to your health clinic thread. Sorry to hear your striking out with vets. That is, unfortunately, par for the course with exotics. Best of luck to you.

Jason

well this sucks, cause i know exactly who you're talkin about and was at his office for the first time like 2 weeks ago. ive got to go back in another 2 weeks but from what ive heard from a lot of people he's one of the best on the island. yea, i got the impression that he wasnt able to home in on EVERYTHING i was saying but i figured hes a busy guy who has to deal with a lot of exotics every day so i think he knows what hes talkin about. only other vet i know on the island is on my way to work in huntington heidi hoefer of island exotics veterinary shes also supposed to be less expensive but in my experiences (with practically everything i pay for) if you pay the extra money you are usually getting a better deal. but, lets see if anyone else has any input being ive only been to him once.

There's a Sr. member here "Dean Pulcini" that lives on Long Island and he uses Monoco in Plainview and said he's a very good vet. I would try him. Dean has been a member since 2007 and has many chameleon.

That's who I have been using, I've heard the same about him, that he is the best one in the area. Dean is actually the one who recommended him to me. He definatley seems to know more than the other vet I went to, but this problem with my little guy has been the same since April. When I suggested to him that the breeder told me to give him baytril & Genamicin, he kind of blew that off, and never game him baytril, and took a month & a half to give me the genamicin (even though those drops didn't work). I had also told him that he sleeps until 1pm, sometimes and goes to sleep at 4pm, and the only thing he said was hmmm strange?

That's who I have been using, I've heard the same about him, that he is the best one in the area. Dean is actually the one who recommended him to me. He definatley seems to know more than the other vet I went to, but this problem with my little guy has been the same since April. When I suggested to him that the breeder told me to give him baytril & Genamicin, he kind of blew that off, and never game him baytril, and took a month & a half to give me the genamicin (even though those drops didn't work). I had also told him that he sleeps until 1pm, sometimes and goes to sleep at 4pm, and the only thing he said was hmmm strange?

Then don't go back to him.......that doesn't sound good. Keep looking.

i'm also from LI but out on the very east end of it, damn near the end of the island LOL i am looking into vets as well.though my little bearded pygmy has no problems i want to hae one ready in case anything pops up..also looking into acquiring a veiled when time permits..i will keep my eyes and ears open and if i hear of anything i will let you know..

I'm willing to drive to NJ or Conn. if I have to, or even northern NY. It's so sad that I can't find a good vet here! I guess shipping would be an option, but wouldn't it cause a lot of stress for him, being shipped there and back, and being in a different environment for a few days?

Found you a vet

Dr. Perez in Plainfield, NJ. Plainfield Animal Hosptial, South Plainfield. You can google it, they have a website. Dr. Perez is a very, very loving, caring person.

Thanks Jann!! I will be speaking to vincent from Screameleon also tonight about him, see if he recommends anything. (thats where I got him).

Back
Top Bottom