Recommendation on subscription service?

Sharon12

Established Member
I had/have an every 2 week subscription for crickets etc with Rainbow Mealworms in Compton. I emailed over a week ago about having received no delivery in a 3 week period. No crickets no hornworms -nothing was shipped requiring an emergency trip to Petco.
After I contacted them they said they were holding my shipment (with no notification to me) until they got silkworms in but did not know when that would be. I said that was unacceptable as Etosha needed to eat in the meantime. Then they said they would remove silkworms and my order would ship immediately. I really cannot believe it but I again have received nothing in over another week. I was assuming I could rely on their subscription service but if there is an issue with an item I now see they just dont ship nor do they tell you. I need to find another supplier and one that will be reliable and concerned that there is a living animal in the picture so if there is an issue you notify the customer. Recommendations for another supplier? I am in California.

I have purchased crickets and superworms from them many times with no issues. I’m also in California one thing to know is they only ship crickets on Wednesday and they are always at my door step Friday afternoon. Or if you have then held at the post office you will get a phone call first thing Friday morning for you to come pick up. I wouldn’t order silkworms because they are not readily available like crickets or superworms.

I had/have an every 2 week subscription for crickets etc with Rainbow Mealworms in Compton. I emailed over a week ago about having received no delivery in a 3 week period. No crickets no hornworms -nothing was shipped requiring an emergency trip to Petco.
After I contacted them they said they were holding my shipment (with no notification to me) until they got silkworms in but did not know when that would be. I said that was unacceptable as Etosha needed to eat in the meantime. Then they said they would remove silkworms and my order would ship immediately. I really cannot believe it but I again have received nothing in over another week. I was assuming I could rely on their subscription service but if there is an issue with an item I now see they just dont ship nor do they tell you. I need to find another supplier and one that will be reliable and concerned that there is a living animal in the picture so if there is an issue you notify the customer. Recommendations for another supplier? I am in California.
I hate to say, but I've had a similar issue with "Joshs Frogs". The first time I ordered large and medium crickets and literally got pinheads and smalls. If you've never opened a box of 1,000 pinheads in a carpeted room... I definitely suggest it!

The second time was actually correct.

The third and latest time... I ordered crickets and such, paid extra for FedEx 2 day, and my order hasn't shipped since Wednesday afternoon [yes, I ordered before the deadline]. Not only have they not shipped... but they charged me immediately and haven't said a word.

I've been working on eliminating crickets from my guys/gals diets. I still need some every now and then for my sons critters... but I will be looking for a suggestion as well.

Best wishes!

If you happen to be in San Diego county/east county, I have a good supplier for crickets and superworms.

I have purchased crickets and superworms from them many times with no issues. I’m also in California one thing to know is they only ship crickets on Wednesday and they are always at my door step Friday afternoon. Or if you have then held at the post office you will get a phone call first thing Friday morning for you to come pick up. I wouldn’t order silkworms because they are not readily available like crickets or superworms.
If you happen to be in San Diego county/east county, I have a good supplier for crickets and superworms.
I am in the SF bay area do they ship?

I am in the SF bay area do they ship?
They do ship but I pick mine up myself as they are only about 5 miles from my house. I don't know how thier shipping is but I have always recieved good quality banded crickets when I pick them up. Check out PREDATOR FOODS.COM.

I've had some problems with rainbow as well, I find them unreliable, unfortunately. I've had better success with Josh's frogs though they are more expensive.

I quit buying crickets from rainbow because they sent me 2000 two week old crickets when I ordered five week olds. By bearded dragon looked at me like I was stupid or something when he saw the small crickets lmbo. I do still order supers and horn worms from them.

Back
Top Bottom