Receptive female panther?

It sounds like the male isn't old enough. The girl sounds ready however.
Some males are slower to mature. Do you have access to an older male?

No, not right now, unfortunately. :\ I hope I didn't make her cycle eggs! But I think I did- he was near her at one point and grabbed on, walked over her, and went away but she acted like she was being bred. Her nails are also super long.

No, not right now, unfortunately. :\ I hope I didn't make her cycle eggs! But I think I did- he was near her at one point and grabbed on, walked over her, and went away but she acted like she was being bred. Her nails are also super long.

Did she turn gravid coloration (orange blck)? Is she now acting unreceptive? If not you probably still have time to breed her.

anyone you know in the area that has a male. ?Pam?

or Wait a few days and try again.

Did she turn gravid coloration (orange blck)? Is she now acting unreceptive? If not you probably still have time to breed her.

anyone you know in the area that has a male. ?Pam?

or Wait a few days and try again.

She is not showing gravid yet and is still "peachy" for some lovin'- I PMed Pam and will try calling her later and we will see what happens. I doubt that my male will breed her now. He seems totally uninterested. I hope that changes as he matures more.

She is pink/peachy color. When I let them see each other she acts normal, and as soon as he begins to bob his head she turns black and almost orange. and puffs and gapes her mouth. Someone in the post mentioned she might just be being territorial of her cage. so I am gonna let them see each other when she isnt in her cage, but i think I am gonna wait a little bit cause she is still dark colored from when they saw each other earlier today. Does the turning dark like that mean she isnt receptive?

She is pink/peachy color. When I let them see each other she acts normal, and as soon as he begins to bob his head she turns black and almost orange. and puffs and gapes her mouth. Someone in the post mentioned she might just be being territorial of her cage. so I am gonna let them see each other when she isnt in her cage, but i think I am gonna wait a little bit cause she is still dark colored from when they saw each other earlier today. Does the turning dark like that mean she isnt receptive?

Yes, that means she isn't receptive but if she is still peachy at rest, she may be willing to breed. Let her cool down for half an hour or so and then introduce her to HIS cage. That may help.

Turning Black and Orange may indicate she is Gravid. Do you weigh her? Do you have a laying bin?

I dont have any way to weigh her, but she does seem very fat. I have a container of damp sand in her cage for her but she hasnt gone to dig in it. it has been in there for about 4-5days now.

I dont have any way to weigh her, but she does seem very fat. I have a container of damp sand in her cage for her but she hasnt gone to dig in it. it has been in there for about 4-5days now.

Thats good , just keep an eye out for digging. If she is gravid she should stop eating a couple of days before she lays.

Should I not put them together then to see if they will mate? Does graivd means she has eggs? If so, then are they infertile?

Back
Top Bottom