receptive coloration

deerhunter

Avid Member
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone had apic of a receptive ambilobe panther or any panther my female is approximately 7 months old and i do not want to miss my window any help would be great thanks

If you are referring to mating by saying "window"; I would strongly advise against mating before at least 1 years old. From what I know it decreases the life span of your female. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have heard the same thing vertex from a variety of people there are mixed opinions that I have recieved but in general I personally agree with you thanks any receptive pics?

thank you that is pretty entertaining reading poor guy just getting beat up on.What kind of chams do you have?

You can look at my gallery and you will see my Panther becoming recptive. Although the photo shows white lateral bars, a few weeks after this photo was taken, she was pinky orange all over. You will know for sure when shes receptive, she'll start getting plump and the colours are totally different from normal. But don't mate her with a male, too early. I would recommend at least 16 months or so. I'm saying this because my friend who also has a female panther, mated her one as soon as she showed receptive colours. The result was death in a month. Her Panther carried too many eggs and became lodged in her throat, the panther had trouble breathing and de-hydrated. :(

jasonc488 said..."my friend who also has a female panther, mated her one as soon as she showed receptive colours. The result was death in a month. Her Panther carried too many eggs and became lodged in her throat, the panther had trouble breathing and de-hydrated"...the number of eggs produced isn't due to her being mated too young...I believe it has to do with how much you feed the female at the time the follicles are being produced. I don't doubt that the panther died from carrying too many eggs though.

Back
Top Bottom