received a cancelation order for pinhead crickets needed, now what?

happiness

Made an order through Ghanns crickets for next day shipping and it was canceled due to storm weather in my area... My weather forecast is showing 46 high and 30 low tomorrow so I figured it arriving tomorrow would be the best time but I guess that's not happening. :(

Worst time this could happen just as my babies are hatching. :'(

Are all cricket places not sending them out at this time? Is there a good east coast cricket seller I can purchase from?

or any suggested petstores in maryland selling pinhead crickets? I know there is one across the bay bridge but its really far, though if I have to I'll take the drive.

Last edited:
I used reptilefood.com for years. I suggest you give them a try and do not throw all your "eggs in one basket" in case one item comes in dead this time of year and needs replacement (which is free but means delay). Pinheads, fruit flies, baby mealworms.

Thank you! I think I'll give them a try. Ghanns replied saying its not only the weather but Fedex has been delayed. This site you suggested is UPS shipping so that's a good sign!

Is it safe to feed the babies mealworms? I read that they may eat eachothers tails thinking its a worm?

Last edited:
What are you feeding- chameleons?

If so, yes it is safe- I have never seen a chameleon go for another's tail and I use baby mealworms as a part of my normal food rotation for baby chameleons for many years.

If you are talking about bearded dragons, then *maybe*. :)

What are you feeding- chameleons?

If so, yes it is safe- I have never seen a chameleon go for another's tail and I use baby mealworms as a part of my normal food rotation for baby chameleons for many years.

If you are talking about bearded dragons, then *maybe*. :)

Newborn baby panther chameleons, yes. I went ahead and ordered some meal worms as well. It's only $7 extra. :)

Would you feed fruit flies one day, crickets the next and mealworms the next? or maybe 90% fruitflies/10% mealworms one day, crickets all the next,

Thank you for the help~~~

If you have a reptile store or mom and pop pet store, call and see if they will let you order crickets by the case. There's a pet store/ bait store in my area that doesn't advertise it, but they do sell them by the case of 500 or 1000. It comes out to the same price as having a case shipped, without the worry of having them go through the mail.

I rotate and feed one item one day, another the next, another next. With those 3 items, I'd probably rotate crickets, fruitflies, crickets, mealworms, crickets, fruitflies, etc. but I've also just gone straight through crickets fruitflies mealworms crickets fruitflies mealworms too. Of the 3, crickets are the best for the "main ingredient" of the diet.

Hey, was wondering how long it takes for reptilefood to provide a tracking number? I'm hoping they shipped the package out today since I purchased way before 3PM EST. Are they pretty good at shipping quickly?

I used reptilefood.com for years. I suggest you give them a try and do not throw all your "eggs in one basket" in case one item comes in dead this time of year and needs replacement (which is free but means delay). Pinheads, fruit flies, baby mealworms.

I just checked them out and $18 to ship 500 crickets is pretty rich!

I just checked them out and $18 to ship 500 crickets is pretty rich!

Is that nextday air? That's what I got for $18 with a 2000 pinhead purchase. It was actually $1-2 cheaper total price than ghanns and I added 1000 mealworms for no extra shipping cost too. Hopefully they don't get smashed. I read a review that someone received a box of crickets from reptilefood with a rounded carrot that killed all the crickets. lol.

I received the crickets/mealworms this morning!

It doesn't look like I got 2000 baby crickets but maybe it is. Definitely got a lot of mini mealworms though.

Ive yet to see the baby chameleon eat.

Back
Top Bottom