Reasons why real chams need real plants!

KEEPING IT REAL.
There is something that cannot be denied about real animals with real plants.
In this fake, everything instant world...we need to keep connected to what really matters.
And I believe creating the most naturalistic environment for the animals that is practical is important.
Plus ... that is how WE learn and grow as keepers, by stretching the boundaries to create the most real environment.
Can I get an Amen.!?
Cheers, Todd

how much weight does that Magnatural plant holder support? like, say I was to put it in a chameleon cage and my panther decides he wants to play around on it..... is it gonna support his weight or is it gonna fall? I'd run a vine along the top like you did, but for some chance he decides to actually get on THE PLANT HOLDER..... is it good enough to not fall off the side of the cage?

Unless you panther weighs a couple pounds, it's not going anywhere.... It's a B$@*% to get off when it's empty! The magnet is SUPER strong!

KEEPING IT REAL.
There is something that cannot be denied about real animals with real plants.
In this fake, everything instant world...we need to keep connected to what really matters.
And I believe creating the most naturalistic environment for the animals that is practical is important.
Plus ... that is how WE learn and grow as keepers, by stretching the boundaries to create the most real environment.
Can I get an Amen.!?
Cheers, Todd

AMEN TODD! ;):D:LOL:(y):ROFLMAO:

Orchids are one of my favorite plants. My questions is how would I hang one or what would I mount one on? I have one that is in a orchid pot with just the wood chips. Could I just cover the chips with large river rock and place pot in cage? Also, could baby tear plants be used as ground cover in my hibiscus plant pot?

OK one more question. My veiled Rebel loves to munch on his live plants. I read that pathos can be irritating. Would it be safe to put in with him? I want to make sure it will be ok for him to eat before I add to his enclosure.

Thanks
Mounting orchids is a simple task. If you have a piece of cork bark it is best, but I have used leftover lumber scraps and they work. Put a handful of sphagnum moss in a bowl of water, when it is wet lay part of it on the bark, place the rest over the root system. Wrap the roots and sphagnum with fishing line until it is secure. Most orchids start to grow quite quickly when they are mounted. If there is a shop that specializes in orchids where you live it might be worth your effort to see what they sell out of bloom plants for. The orchid store here sells them 4 for $15. The modern hybrids will bloom easily under artificial lights. We have a Jackson that seems to prefer licking orchid leaves above all others.

I wish I could see the setup pics, everyone's saying it's beautiful, haha
I know this has been inactive for a long time, but I really like how informative it has been- my question was, my local store has an arbicola, and I've read they are safe for chameleons, I was wondering if the plant would do well in his cage? And any other tips or ideas for this plant would also he helpful, I just really want to put a safe live plant in there because right now it's all fake leaves, and since he's getting bigger it doesn't cover him very well as a hide, and he could use some more water intake, as the plastic/silk just dry so fast so I really think a live plant is the way to go from there, thanks!

I wish I could see the setup pics, everyone's saying it's beautiful, haha
I know this has been inactive for a long time, but I really like how informative it has been- my question was, my local store has an arbicola, and I've read they are safe for chameleons, I was wondering if the plant would do well in his cage? And any other tips or ideas for this plant would also he helpful, I just really want to put a safe live plant in there because right now it's all fake leaves, and since he's getting bigger it doesn't cover him very well as a hide, and he could use some more water intake, as the plastic/silk just dry so fast so I really think a live plant is the way to go from there, thanks!
Your post sparked my attention to this thread. I just ordered a couple of Baby Tears from Amazon...fingers crossed they come in alive.

Back
Top Bottom