really light green

Me either! I would have run away and hide for shame because I would have felt it was all my fault. I know we get a lot of young kids with pet chameleons that could give a hoot about them that rush on here with a huge dilemma and as soon as you give them advice they never answer back Because it wasn’t what they wanted to hear but you just never know when it might be a person seriously concerned with their chameleon sincerely looking for accurate care advice that maybe was taught all wrong about proper care through no fault of their own. If I had been met with that the day I came on here asking about care for a Jackson’s Cham I had just rescued from petco, you would have never heard from me again and I wouldn’t have learned a thing and Eustis might have been put in jeopardy because of it! I’m glad it has changed for the better.
Not to be argumentative, but if I'm understanding right... you're saying you'd sacrifice your own animal's well being if someone was harsh with you? Is that pride, spite, fear of conflict? Not being mean, just comes off weird, but I could be misunderstanding you.

Me either! I would have run away and hide for shame because I would have felt it was all my fault. I know we get a lot of young kids with pet chameleons that could give a hoot about them that rush on here with a huge dilemma and as soon as you give them advice they never answer back Because it wasn’t what they wanted to hear but you just never know when it might be a person seriously concerned with their chameleon sincerely looking for accurate care advice that maybe was taught all wrong about proper care through no fault of their own. If I had been met with that the day I came on here asking about care for a Jackson’s Cham I had just rescued from petco, you would have never heard from me again and I wouldn’t have learned a thing and Eustis might have been put in jeopardy because of it! I’m glad it has changed for the better.
Beautiful wordin! Totally agree!

Heika had a great point though and I 100% agree, we should set the standard, chameleons should be treasured. Chameleons require daily PRECISE tedious care. Most aren't capable of it unless they did their due diligence or have somebody holding their hand in the process.

I've been here for some time, not as long as others but the time I've spent here Iven learned to understand how frustrating it is seeing some noob keeper create a chameleon forums account to burden us with their dying pet.

And in this case , the man was offered valid advice and he simply didn't care enough to take action in time.

they come for answers, they end up not liking the answers they get , then give up on the very thing we all adore, love and call our passion because they simply didn't care enough or as much as we do.

I find this disrespectful, but this is just my perspective.
I didn't see where they didn't take action, the animal was too far gone. I didn't read all of it though to be fair. I am with you otherwise, when people ignore advice, act like they know everything when they don't have much experience, etc... they deserve to get attacked IMO, there's no changing those peoples' minds anyway, so F em.

Also, I find chams pretty damn easy. Can be a steep learning curve at first, which takes time and effort to get right, but once you do, they're simple. I spend very little time on my parsons. Bioactive helps a lot too with that.

Not to be argumentative, but if I'm understanding right... you're saying you'd sacrifice your own animal's well being if someone was harsh with you? Is that pride, spite, fear of conflict? Not being mean, just comes off weird, but I could be misunderstanding you.
I think she means that if the chameleon community had been super rude then she wouldn’t really want to be apart of that. And that if that she asked a simple question like what temp for hearing bc she wants to fix it and they replied rude she would of left and wouldn’t know or get any advice further on so it could hurt the chams wellbeing.

I didn't see where they didn't take action, the animal was too far gone. I didn't read all of it though to be fair. I am with you otherwise, when people ignore advice, act like they know everything when they don't have much experience, etc... they deserve to get attacked IMO, there's no changing those peoples' minds anyway, so F em.

Also, I find chams pretty damn easy. Can be a steep learning curve at first, which takes time and effort to get right, but once you do, they're simple. I spend very little time on my parsons. Bioactive helps a lot too with that.
The people urged the boy to take him to a vet and I just think it wasn’t possible at the time for him because he was a young boy . The chameleon may have been to far gone but to my understanding of the reading all he did was mix some emergency that was given to him my petco I believe.

Well I feel like if u are given advice in a kindly manner and you ignore it then ur being a butt hole and the people can decide weather or not to help further but u can also be kinder and they put a title on newcomers that all newbs don’t want to put time and effort into it and that was the not okay part bc yea sure that guy was a butt hole and didn’t care for his Cham but not all newbs are like that me for example I put in a lot of effort to listen and to do what the people here recommd and so does Linda I’ve seen her ask very good questions

Well I feel like if u are given advice in a kindly manner and you ignore it then ur being a butt hole and the people can decide weather or not to help further but u can also be kinder and they put a title on newcomers that all newbs don’t want to put time and effort into it and that was the not okay part bc yea sure that guy was a butt hole and didn’t care for his Cham but not all newbs are like that me for example I put in a lot of effort to listen and to do what the people here recommd and so does Linda I’ve seen her ask very good questions
But I also feel ur frustration at the op

its true, not all noobs are like that, in fact i have my OG noob threads still up on my account, my first chameleon ever was a veiled and i posted his setup bc i thought i was doing a good job and at the time I literally had every single thing wrong with the husbandry, everyone told me I needed to change everything, my setup got rated a 4 . i was using a aquarium to house the boy ...
everyone replied and said i needed to change everything ASAP

They taught me the blueprint, and now i care for 5 different chameleons and will even start breeding projects when all my females are the proper age. It is true, noobs can come a long way on this website because of how lovely everyone on here is and how abundant information on here. i swear its once every other day im on this website learning something knew and vie been here for almost 5 years! but its the folks who come here seeking help then deciding it isn't worth it to them and they give up.

its true, not all noobs are like that, in fact i have my OG noob threads still up on my account, my first chameleon ever was a veiled and i posted his setup bc i thought i was doing a good job and at the time I literally had every single thing wrong with the husbandry, everyone told me I needed to change everything, my setup got rated a 4 . i was using a aquarium to house the boy ...
everyone replied and said i needed to change everything ASAP

They taught me the blueprint, and now i care for 5 different chameleons and will even start breeding projects when all my females are the proper age. It is true, noobs can come a long way on this website because of how lovely everyone on here is and how abundant information on here. i swear its once every other day im on this website learning something knew and vie been here for almost 5 years! but its the folks who come here seeking help then deciding it isn't worth it to them and they give up.
Awesome!!!! I keep saying this but perfect wording

It seems like he already took them to the vet, the vet DXed pre-existing MBD, gave a treatment plan that the person was following, and the cham was just on its last days. It seemed like they were on the forums trying to understand what else could be done.

That's the part of the attack that sucked. It seemed clear that the cham was already under vet instructions from what I read, and folks still decided to be unkind. That was what I gathered.

It seems like he already took them to the vet, the vet DXed pre-existing MBD, gave a treatment plan that the person was following, and the cham was just on its last days. It seemed like they were on the forums trying to understand what else could be done.

That's the part of the attack that sucked. It seemed clear that the cham was already under vet instructions from what I read, and folks still decided to be unkind. That was what I gathered.
Yea I did see that to but didn’t want to say anything bc I didn’t want to guess but it sounds like he took it to the vet and the gave him instructions for mbd

Back
Top Bottom