Ready for hate mail.

Like my title says, I am ready to receive Anyones messages that disagrees on my views.

I went to petsmart the other day to buy some dog food and saw the worst thing in my life. TWO veileds in a plastic container that was smaller than a large cricket keeper. A small male and a larger female. It was so sad to see, they had absolutely no room. The smaller male looked like it was developing an eye infection and the larger female was walking all over him. As soon as I walked up to there little cube they walked up to the front like they were begging to get out. The little dial meter in the tiny tank read 100. Sounds bad?
The icing to the cake was that they had a dumpy, or another species, frog in there with them!!!! I was ticked off and talked to an employee, and they knew what the he'll was going on here. If I could afford to get those guys out of there I would, but I didn't :/
So what did I do? I called and emailed PETA!
They got back at me in a matter of minutes. I'm. Going back to take picture on Wednesday. I'm hoping they'll find someone who can actually care for them by then :/ why do you supply sick animals? Will you just sell them with infections. I know they don't care but they should at least hire educated people at some level.

I'm also hoping they can make a difference. I'm writing a Peter to the owner and a letter to the corporate office. I will call and call until I get someone who will change this!

If you work at petsmart and feel any insult by this, it is no personal attack on you. If you still feel offended shoot me a pm. You could give me a piece of your mind.

This has to change! And I'm gonna try to make at least a slight difference. I don't care if i have to call millions of times.

I personally think you did what's right for the poor animal. If you contacted the employees and told them how bad the situation was and did not do anything about it then you had no other choice. the chain stores should be held accountable for the health of the animals. congrats in having the guts to actually do something for the animals. Hopefully the animals will be taken well care of after this. keep us posted.

Making a difference in something you care about, is always a excellent goal. I wish you luck. I tried with petco and finally gave up on Corporate. But at least the petco in great Falls, MT doesn't keep chameleons as they don't like me coming in and telling potential customers and the staff, the problems they are causing those lovely little chameleons. And btw - I am not quiet about my views - I may in fact be a bit loud - so more people hear me.:D

PETA wanted pictures. Hopefully I can supply them in time. Thanks for the support! I will definitely keep you posted. My mother in law was saying that they would go as far as destroying the animals if they knew anything was brewing.

Making a difference in something you care about, is always a excellent goal. I wish you luck. I tried with petco and finally gave up on Corporate. But at least the petco in great Falls, MT doesn't keep chameleons as they don't like me coming in and telling potential customers and the staff, the problems they are causing those lovely little chameleons. And btw - I am not quiet about my views - I may in fact be a bit loud - so more people hear me.:D

I thought I was the only one! :eek:

I am glad that you did that! I'm not a big fan of PETA anymore, but they try to do things that will benefit to the animals! I hope that someone can actually give them the love and attention they need. The Petsmart about and hour and a half away only gets one at a time and they haven't had one in since November, Petco on the other hand gets 3 at a time and they also haven't had any in since November. Probably because I complain about how they care for them and don't give them proper care?

I only hope your strength of will matches the strength of your convictions, I understand and agree with you, but a single handed crusade against a large corporation may demand of you than you are able to give.
I think your best move was not buying the poor things, you have voted with your wallet,
this is the only kind of vote the money machine will ever care about.
I wish you success all the same.
The longest journey begins with a single step. :)

Good for you! Another thing you can do is go pick up one of the care sheets they have for chameleons and ask them why the animals aren't being kept like it says they should! Obviously a pet store can't do everything perfectly, but that doesn't mean they can neglect the animals.

here is the problem as i see it before we brought Amelia home we had no idea how to keep a chameleon. you walk in the store and look at them and say that is cool but how many of us new that a branch and misting 3 times a day is needed and all the rest we do for them.well i say this needs to to start with us when we go in a shop and you see that there is a problem don't just get mad try to find out who there has the power to make a change for the better and talk to them if just a few try to make it right you will sleep a little better.

You did the right thing I have always strayed away from pet stores whether chain or privately owned. They should know better then that omg. You did the right thing for sure. WOW

The right approach is writing letters to corporate telling them you wanted to buy but were turned off by the poor condition of animals in their store and the lack of knowledge by the store employees to keep their animals healthy and in proper cages until sold. Tell them you bought somewhere else. You have to turn your concern for animals into their concern for $$ or they don’t know what you are talking about.

The right approach is writing letters to corporate telling them you wanted to buy but were turned off by the poor condition of animals in their store and the lack of knowledge by the store employees to keep their animals healthy and in proper cages until sold. Tell them you bought somewhere else. You have to turn your concern for animals into their concern for $$ or they don’t know what you are talking about.

You are right. I will also do this.

i say good job i am currently working with a few other members, trying to get my local pet shop up to par. with a few very knowelgeable members help a care sheet is being devised that i will be supplying to my pet shop for customers who purchase a cham. so far the pet store is being quite receptive and willing to accept my advise.

Aspca !

You should also contact ASPCA and let them know what is going on, i called them about a pet store here in Houston and they were out there the very next day... glad to say the chameleons they had are now in a better habitat.:)

i say good job i am currently working with a few other members, trying to get my local pet shop up to par. with a few very knowelgeable members help a care sheet is being devised that i will be supplying to my pet shop for customers who purchase a cham. so far the pet store is being quite receptive and willing to accept my advise.

Thats good! I'm gonna try that as well

You should also contact ASPCA and let them know what is going on, i called them about a pet store here in Houston and they were out there the very next day... glad to say the chameleons they had are now in a better habitat.:)

If the chameleons are there when I go back, I willdefinitely do this.
Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom