Ready for hate mail.

I went to get some feeders today from petsmart, and that was a total failure.Their bin was a cricket casket of 500 plus. Anyways seen this little gal , and I was amazed how well she looked. Now if they can maintain or hurry up and sell her. She is 25 % Off of $100 as well so hopefully she moves fast.

When My gf mentioned chameleon I almost didnt want to even look as I already gave one lady a piece of my mind on the crickets within 2 mins of walking in.
0315011319.jpg

I went to get some feeders today from petsmart, and that was a total failure.Their bin was a cricket casket of 500 plus. Anyways seen this little gal , and I was amazed how well she looked. Now if they can maintain or hurry up and sell her. She is 25 % Off of $100 as well so hopefully she moves fast.

When My gf mentioned chameleon I almost didnt want to even look as I already gave one lady a piece of my mind on the crickets within 2 mins of walking in.
0315011319.jpg

The one I saw was a smaller cage. And two chams with a dumpy frog :/

just my two cents, but never talk to peta. they actually would be up all of our hind ends if they got their way. they believe that no animal should be captive, even dogs or cats. they look good on the commercials but if you look into their literature they are all nut jobs. aspca is a much better bet, even the department of wildlife is better. good luck though.

Not all Pet stores are bad. I love my Petco, they actually got lucky with great reptile guys that own, love and take care of the reptiles.
We need more people to work there that have taken the time to learn about the animals they represent.
Maybe we need more herp people to get jobs at these stores or to train up the kids who get hired??
Just saying........

I feel bad for this cham, I work at petsmart, and well i have not had a single one come in our store yet, although myself as a reptile person owning a lot of reptiles in general, I sure the hell would say something to the store Director; because not a lot of people know how to take care of them, and no animal should have a 2nd species in its cage. At my store i know multiple people who have owned chams and take care of them, but as soon as any come in odds are I will buy them before anyone.... just because I could not sit there and watch anything happen to hurt any animal or have anything horrible come to them. I love animals and that is a reason I choose to work here, just tell the person at this store to read a book about them because trust me they sell them, and they can learn a lot. just make sure you go to that stores manager and say something; and if not say you will contact corporate.

The pet stores around me are actually fairly good about keeping animals properly and informing the customer of the care level needed for them.

In my experience smaller privately owned shops are a bit better (especially specialty stores) than chain stores.

Good for you! Another thing you can do is go pick up one of the care sheets they have for chameleons and ask them why the animals aren't being kept like it says they should! Obviously a pet store can't do everything perfectly, but that doesn't mean they can neglect the animals.

Excellent!

Back
Top Bottom