Re-homing Pixel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franquixote

Established Member
I have a very healthy year old Ambilobe, and equally healthy large colonies of dubia roaches, red head roaches, and snails (helix aspera).
Before reading any further I want to make it clear I am going to be very picky about who gets him and feel i should explain why I feel I should find a new home for him.

In the last year I have had only 3-4 incidents of insects outside the enclosure- wayyyyy below what most people probably experience, but I'm uncomfortable with stressing my wife out- she has been patient and kind, but I know it's 'bugging' her (sorry, couldn't resist). She also adopted 2 kittens which my daughters adore and they are extremely active and curious... the kittens are too : ) Seriously though, it's not an option anymore to even think about letting the chameleon out or even leaving the cage door open for 10 seconds unattended- they are very smart and all over me every second and I am worried.
Complicating matters is that my mother is critically ill and though I'm hoping and praying for her recovery, it will be measured in months- and my attention is needed.

I'm sad about this, and reluctant to do it, but I refuse to cut corners caring for the chameleon or the bugs and I don't know how much longer I can keep up with everything. The roach colonies don't look it, but they are pretty big- at least 1000, possibly twice that in each colony. Same with the snails.

I won't ship. I'm in Northern NJ. I have about $2000 into everything, and if interested in the enclosure would like to be fairly compensated. For just the insects and Pixel, I think a potential owner should offer a couple hundred dollars because there are supplies and inherent value in them, but I don't want to think of this as a "for sale" situation. Please send me a private message. I feel obligated to ask questions so he is not going to be used to make a quick buck. If you are inexperienced or don't want to be asked questions this isn't for you- I am obligated to make sure he is going to be happy and well-cared for.

Doing this with a heavy heart!

Attachments

• chameleon enclosure feb 7 2018 (1).jpg
    chameleon enclosure feb 7 2018 (1).jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 391
  • Karma Pixel Feb 25 2018 a (1).jpg
    Karma Pixel Feb 25 2018 a (1).jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 430
  • roach 1.JPG
    roach 1.JPG
    337.1 KB · Views: 419
Status