Re-homing of Cameron

Mchartier

Cameron's owner will be moving and is unable to take him along with him. Cameron is about 3 years old, came from Canvas Chameleons and his sire is Bolt. I picked him up this Saturday, he handled the move very well. His current cage is a Medium Atrium, but I also took the Clearside Large Atrium that his owner had and I am working on that setup for him now. After putting it together I want one for my Veiled that is in a Medium Atrium right now. So here are some pictures of the handsome guy. I attempted to hand feed him yesterday afternoon, he had no issues climbing onto my hand to get closer to his food. So hopefully building his trust will be fairly easy and quick.

2Oj4TAHh.jpg

qaLGp4Eh.jpg

LVDYkaZh.jpg

And his cage build
one of my kids showing how big this cage is.
q3xWGJoh.jpg

I used the light diffuser to help support everything, I have done this in the past when doing my dart frog enclosures. The diffuser is attached to the dragon ledges. I did forget to take a picture of just the branch layout before I started the foam background. This is with the cage on it's back looking from the bottom. I removed the bottom of the pots to ensure drainage, I will be using a second pot when placing the plants in the cage.
wRJHepnh.jpg

e9XAzoEh.jpg

such a beautiful chameleon, the first resembles mine a little bit almost thought it was him! such a beauty u got on ur hands

Attachments

• 0B8B5CDF-EA4A-4E55-96A8-BB8B993D4120.jpeg
    0B8B5CDF-EA4A-4E55-96A8-BB8B993D4120.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 101
So tonight I transferred him to the large atrium, I am definitely doing something of this size for my Veiled soon.

Here is the first round of planting.
hqCBl7Oh.jpg

Seeing it's a little sparse until things grow in I added some fake plants from his other cage.
WoQitX0h.jpg

And here he is exploring a little bit. Note the drips from the line above, the gentleman I got him from installed this in both of the cages and I like it. It runs off the misting pump and there is a needle valve to control the drips on the lines. Looks like he pierced the lines every inch or two and added a plug at the end of the line. With the needle valve I can control the from a slight drip to a straight stream. During the upgrade I ran an output from my RODI system to a 20gallon container right below his cage in the basement and installed the misting pump there which is running both my cages now. I may take my spare pump and run a line just for that drip line so I can have it run more frequently.
sR18YxLh.jpg

I'm looking at adding a ficus on the left side of the cage, just haven't found one the size I like yet. I have to go thru the plant lists to see if there are any epiphyte plants I can use, have used them in dart frog enclosures before.

Any suggestions welcomed.

I LOVE the drip line!!!! That’s initially what I wanted to do for mine... but literally have no idea how.....

I LOVE the drip line!!!! That’s initially what I wanted to do for mine... but literally have no idea how.....
I'll take a picture tomorrow when the lights come back on. Not sure if he drilled or just used a pin to pierce the tubing for the drips, I assume a needle as fully open its a small stream The end of the tubing has a 90 degree elbow with the plug in it.

So tonight I transferred him to the large atrium, I am definitely doing something of this size for my Veiled soon.

Here is the first round of planting.
hqCBl7Oh.jpg

Seeing it's a little sparse until things grow in I added some fake plants from his other cage.
WoQitX0h.jpg

And here he is exploring a little bit. Note the drips from the line above, the gentleman I got him from installed this in both of the cages and I like it. It runs off the misting pump and there is a needle valve to control the drips on the lines. Looks like he pierced the lines every inch or two and added a plug at the end of the line. With the needle valve I can control the from a slight drip to a straight stream. During the upgrade I ran an output from my RODI system to a 20gallon container right below his cage in the basement and installed the misting pump there which is running both my cages now. I may take my spare pump and run a line just for that drip line so I can have it run more frequently.
sR18YxLh.jpg

I'm looking at adding a ficus on the left side of the cage, just haven't found one the size I like yet. I have to go thru the plant lists to see if there are any epiphyte plants I can use, have used them in dart frog enclosures before.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Love how you've done his enclosure. Interesting on the needle valve being used to control the dripper. May have to pull my swageloks off my co2 set up that isn't being used and play around with this idea a bit myself now instead of the ball valves lol. Would love to see the pics on that part of your set up too :).

Love how you've done his enclosure. Interesting on the needle valve being used to control the dripper. May have to pull my swageloks off my co2 set up that isn't being used and play around with this idea a bit myself now instead of the ball valves lol. Would love to see the pics on that part of your set up too :).

Here is a picture of the valve. So the white tube is the feed from the basement, it's tee'd to go to the valve in the picture and the other out is to the misting heads. The white valve with the blue handle is just so I can close it off completely without touching the needle valve, I have another one close to my first misting nozzle.
Rlt6paZh.jpg

Then in this picture you can see the drip lines run inside the enclosure on the ceiling, They are held on with zip ties and there is a plug at the end of the line in 90 elbow connector.
8tlAkRdh.jpg

I'll try and get a video of it if I can in the morning of how the drip is when adjusting the valve.

Here is a picture of the valve. So the white tube is the feed from the basement, it's tee'd to go to the valve in the picture and the other out is to the misting heads. The white valve with the blue handle is just so I can close it off completely without touching the needle valve, I have another one close to my first misting nozzle.
Rlt6paZh.jpg

Brilliant! When I was running soaker hose off my mister pump I was using just the ball valve to control flow. Never even thought about pulling my needle valves off my reg to control it :(. I'll have to do that lol.

Back
Top Bottom