Rate my cage!!!

looks pretty good, I like the rope idea. I would try to get the whole enclosure up on a table or something so its higher up, your lil guy will like that. Maybe get a plant stand for your hibiscus so its foliage is higher up where your cham will be spending the most time.

I totally agree with ghettomike and that is to get the cage up off the floor. Chams like to be high up as you well know. Other than that it looks like you got all your bases covered and it looks real nice. Just curious what are the two dome lights for? One is for basking and what is the other one? It looks like you have a tube light in the back and two domes???

I totally agree with ghettomike and that is to get the cage up off the floor. Chams like to be high up as you well know. Other than that it looks like you got all your bases covered and it looks real nice. Just curious what are the two dome lights for? One is for basking and what is the other one? It looks like you have a tube light in the back and two domes???

I second that all too but don't think there is a tube light. I thought so at first glimpse but then watching it more I don't think there is one. Do you have a tube light? That is one a cool set up... I love the rope as well!:D :cool::)

its not a tube light its a compact uvb light that is y there are two dome lights. Thanks for all the nice replys :)... Im looking into getting it off the floor so i can make a drain system, but all in good time this is my first cham and im trying to everything right

Compact UVB's are not the most recommended lights. Most of us use the Reptisun 5.0 tube. Some people use the compact lights and have no problems, while others have had issues with the eyes. If you see your chameleon closing his eyes during the day or anything then I would maybe think about changing out the light.

Compact UVB's are not the most recommended lights. Most of us use the Reptisun 5.0 tube. Some people use the compact lights and have no problems, while others have had issues with the eyes. If you see your chameleon closing his eyes during the day or anything then I would maybe think about changing out the light.

Ill keep that in mind thanks a lot, Ive been checking him out and there are so many places he can go to get away from the direct bright light from the UVB so if it is bothering him that much ill remove the dome and get a tube. Im also going to raise up the plant to make it a little bit higher for him. Also im a Fireman so i have a endless amount of Kermantel Rescue Rope so i plan on making a bunch of rope hanging around the cage with some leaves attached to it. Ill post pics when i feel as if the cage is complete. I put a lot of $$$ into it so far im trying to save my pennies.

Cool. Just keep an eye out thats all. you may never have a problem, but atleast you know if it does happen it may be due to the lighting! BTW Firemen Rock!!!!!:D

I have heard there was a problem with the older compact bulbs and the new ones may have the issue resolved. But I still use linears anyway.

I have heard there was a problem with the older compact bulbs and the new ones may have the issue resolved. But I still use linears anyway.

You are right but you don't know if you are getting old stock or something. Most likely he will be fine but I am with you with the linears cause you never hear of any problems whatsoever. You know the old saying "if it ain't broke then don't fix it'!!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom