Rate my baby chameleon’s 24x24x48 inch cage

koyla_26

Hey chameleon lovers. I want you guys to be honest with Carlitos cage. He’s is about 3-4 months old. Also this is going to be his temporary cage when he gets to be a year old I want to build him A bigger cage. I’m using fake plants but there is on real plant at the bottom. I’m bad at taking care of plants. :( I’m more of an animal caretaker. But I definitely want to put all real plants in his bigger tank. I change the paper towels at the bottom of the cage twice a day. When I wake up and right before I go to bed. So here are my questions. Is this enough leaves for him to hide in? Is there anything for me to add? ? Is the uvb bulb that I’m using fine? I mist his cage down 3 times a day for 90 seconds is that ok? I also feed him 3 times a day is that also ok for a baby? I do both of these when I leave before work, when I come home from work, and an hour before he goes to bed! If there is anything I’m doing wrong please tell me so I can improve and give him the best live. Also what is a safe cleaning solution? :) thank you all for the feedback and Criticism I just want the best life for Carlito the Veiled chameleon!!! This is stressing me out because I want him to thrive!!

Attachments

• FD80124B-D400-4D5C-8E08-A9C97446E571.jpeg
    FD80124B-D400-4D5C-8E08-A9C97446E571.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 356BB20A-4187-4ACD-81F7-FC08D1030399.jpeg
    356BB20A-4187-4ACD-81F7-FC08D1030399.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 75204B21-3CFB-4740-BDCB-9ABFBB34EBF5.jpeg
    75204B21-3CFB-4740-BDCB-9ABFBB34EBF5.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 88202DE0-11E2-4B70-8177-41E403F7841B.jpeg
    88202DE0-11E2-4B70-8177-41E403F7841B.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 164
  • CA653147-344E-41A4-B8C6-377B8EE00A8B.jpeg
    CA653147-344E-41A4-B8C6-377B8EE00A8B.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 220
i think it looks pretty good but definitely change the fake plants out for real one asap b/c veileds love to munch on their plants :)
Thank you :) I’ll definitely feed him some plants when he’s a little older once in while with his meals. I do have one live plant for him. I got him a day ago and he’s really adjusting well to his tank. Thanks for the feed back :)

Thank you :) I’ll definitely feed him some plants when he’s a little older once in while with his meals. I do have one live plant for him. I got him a day ago and he’s really adjusting well to his tank. Thanks for the feed back :)
okay just make sure you watch him so that he doesnt eat the fake plant it would not be very good for him

Can you out fill this section of the how to ask for help form? Specifically the questions in bold.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

On the live plants, treat them like a pet. Look up how much water and light they need. You will need another light for plants, there are lots of options.

My advice is learn plants, I believe they are very beneficial.

tip. Look at Walmart, they discount the plants they over or under water lol.

It does look great though. You have a good balance of travel space and cover.

It helps with plants to have a plant light. For basic Pothos you can use a basic inexpensive one. For light hungry plants like hibiscus, you need a bigger stronger one.

Hey chameleon lovers. I want you guys to be honest with Carlitos cage. He’s is about 3-4 months old. Also this is going to be his temporary cage when he gets to be a year old I want to build him A bigger cage. I’m using fake plants but there is on real plant at the bottom. I’m bad at taking care of plants. :( I’m more of an animal caretaker. But I definitely want to put all real plants in his bigger tank. I change the paper towels at the bottom of the cage twice a day. When I wake up and right before I go to bed. So here are my questions. Is this enough leaves for him to hide in? Is there anything for me to add? ? Is the uvb bulb that I’m using fine? I mist his cage down 3 times a day for 90 seconds is that ok? I also feed him 3 times a day is that also ok for a baby? I do both of these when I leave before work, when I come home from work, and an hour before he goes to bed! If there is anything I’m doing wrong please tell me so I can improve and give him the best live. Also what is a safe cleaning solution? :) thank you all for the feedback and Criticism I just want the best life for Carlito the Veiled chameleon!!! This is stressing me out because I want him to thrive!!
Are you using the dried eucalyptus in there? If so I would pull that. Keep in mind with silk plants you have a risk of impaction when baby starts trying to eat them. If they are the kind that you buy at floral shops these are not intended for animal use.

Here are some links I like.
www.dragonstrand.com

https://chameleonacademy.com/

https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeptunetheChameleon?sub_confirmation=1

Can you out fill this section of the how to ask for help form? Specifically the questions in bold.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? My cage is is 24x24x48. Screen
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?i I use a Zola 8.5 dome reflector, with a 90-150 volt ceramic bulb. He has 12 hours on, 12 hours off. He has a Zilla 18 inch 15 watt uvb light.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? His cage is 90°-75° and his over night temps are 70° I have a heat gun and in the middle of his cage I have a temperature reader
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?60-65 I use a humidity reader

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Pothos
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In my room. It’s not near any fans/vents. Not a high traffic He’s in room and I’m gone 9 hours a day five days a week so he’s he’s mostly by himself.
Location - Where are you geographically located? Midwest

On the live plants, treat them like a pet. Look up how much water and light they need. You will need another light for plants, there are lots of options.

My advice is learn plants, I believe they are very beneficial.

tip. Look at Walmart, they discount the plants they over or under water lol.

It does look great though. You have a good balance of travel space and cover.
Thank you :)

Thanks for adding that info.

1. I'd be sure to raise the enclosure off of the ground.
  2. Can you be more specific about the UVB you're using? What brand bulb and strength? Reptisun? Arcadia? 5.0?

1. That basking temp is a bit toast for a cham that young. Should be closer to 85F.

1. Also those humidity ranges are bit high for a veiled. See if you can get them closer to 40-50%

1. I'd be sure to raise the enclosure off of the ground. I ordered a dresser and I plan on putting him up on it so he’ll be able to watch everything up above.
  1. Can you be more specific about the UVB you're using? What brand bulb and strength? Reptisun? Arcadia? 5.0? Reptrisun 5.0
  2. That basking temp is a bit toast for a cham that young. Should be closer to 85F. I’ll change it immediately! I have a bulb that gives off less heat! It makes his basking at the most 86. There’s so much misinformation.
Also those humidity ranges are bit high for a veiled. See if you can get them closer to 40-50% my room is at 50% naturally so I’ll stop.

I just have two questions I have a big dripper and it will randomly stop dripping water and i want him to have constant access to water is there an easier alternative to use or a better one? Isnt when he’s older his basking spot needs to be at 90° if ok correct?

Great thanks.

• Is it a Reptisun 5.0 T5 or T8?
  • 50% naturally is great! Just make sure he is staying hydrated.
  • Yes you are correct that is needs to be 90F when he is an adult. But right now you'll want it at 85F.

I have a homemade dripper that will only stop dripping once it runs out of water. I don't have any experience with the big dripper. If you want to make your own here is a video:

Back
Top Bottom