Rate and help me with my new Chameleon.

Okay, so remove the carpet thing. My closest pet store is pet supplies plus, and I don't remember them having screen reptile cages. I'll have to check again, and if not, I'll have to go to Niles OH and see if they have anything that remotely resembles a screen cage, which would be better for our house.

At the moment, I'm using the shower method to rehydrate him. The water is not directly hitting him and he seems relaxed.

His cage is drying outside because my fiance misted the carpet soaked this morning, and after I deposit my check I'll have to see if Pet supplies plus has the UV light and a screen or ventilated cage.

Right now he's back in the glass/screen terrarium with bare glass on the bottom for now.

When we go to the pet store later, we will be complaining to the manager about the employee who sold us this stuff, saying it was best for the chameleon.

I guess that will teach me to believe everything people say just because they have a name tag...

We bought that terrarium you showed, put a smooth rock gravel on the bottom, then beaker moss as a substrate, as I heard chameleons can accidentally swallow bits of wood.

We bought a UV light as well, and the enclosure is 18x18x24.

We had a tiny mishap: He fell when my fiance was coaxing him off my arm, about 2 feet. He's moving around fine, and normally. We're pretty sure he's okay.

We will buy more things when we get more money, such as the thermometer and humidity gauge, and more vines. The crickets are almost gone, so when we go to buy more, we'll buy a cricket keeper and gut load them, and feed in the afternoons.

We currently have a drip system, but I've never seen him use it to drink except when I hand watered him a few nights ago.

When we mist his cage, we use warm water and it seems to improve the humidity significantly.

Sounds really good! I think you are heading in the right direction now, good luck! Be careful with gravel (like the stuff for aquariums), if it's small enough, they can and will eat it and cause major issues.

They're larger stones, like a polished looking brown color. It's hidden under the moss, and we're buying more moss anyway. Our main concern now is how to mist, and mold appearance. We also need to buy more foliage, as it's quite bare atm.

SprintPhoto_bs1cvi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom