rango sucked big hairy... yeah it wasnt good

i took my girlfriend to see rango last night and we ended up leaving and getting our money back. it did have funny lines and moments, but it was just too much. from what we seen, over done story line, creepy ass and repetitive characters, IMHO it was a very inappropriate movie for children as well. a torso of a bare woman's body (in barbie form) is shown in multiple scenes, quotes like "are they real" when rango is cuddling with it. quotes like "Son of A.." is broken up by the screetch of a hawk.

one good thing is the movie from what i seen, didnt depict rango as a pet. only at the beginning, where they show his tank.. yes tank.. which looked like a friggen cage for a hermit crab. (sand, a palm tree and an umbrella), he also gets very roughed up, and can be quite scary for younger children

has anyone else seen the movie? what did you think of it? i'll tell you one thing, Pirates of the Carribean is comming out soon!:D:D:D

Thats too bad.We will probably go see it anyway.Just have to buy more popcorn and candy to make it good(LOL)..Megamind was a funny movie, they did a great job with that one.

thats exactly what i said to my girlfriend Syn, there wasnt anything that focused on rango being a pet, like i said, only in the first scene, but they are travelling with rango in a car.. dont think kids will see that as a pet now

Wonder what the sequel will be? "Rango Meets Nemo, the underwater adventure" *rolls eyes* :D

Maybe they're working on a multimillion dollar production of 'Sammo' the story of a cartoon snake that gets lost in the desert, makes friends with a tortoise called 'torto', etc etc

C'mon Hollywood, wheres the sequel to the Simpsons movie for cryin out loud? :D

lol dan, im sick of every kids movie being animated now! whatever happened to family movies like angels in the outfieled.. or the goonies? rediculous, and everything is spaced and animal themed now *shoot me! lol

yes, we got our money back, it was getting late anyways, and we figured we'd do something more worth while in the time we had left last night

Whoa! You guys get it cheap, here a childs ticket is $17.50 Adult $21 Thats standard, 3D movies dearer, then theres gold class (morgage your house)

Over $100 to see a movie for 2 adults and two kids + popcorn & junk. And no refunds here either!Cheaper to wait for the DVD release and hire it $3.50 , have a movie night at home! :)

I took my son to see it last night. I thought it was cute. Some funny lines in it. My 10 year old laughed over the whole audience. The thing that I thought was great is that in the move they didnt show him as a pet. I wouldn't go see it myself but great for kids. I thought I sheltered my son but the waist up of a naked barbie isn't something that most kids haven't already seen.

Whoa! You guys get it cheap, here a childs ticket is $17.50 Adult $21 Thats standard, 3D movies dearer, then theres gold class (morgage your house)

Over $100 to see a movie for 2 adults and two kids + popcorn & junk. And no refunds here either!Cheaper to wait for the DVD release and hire it $3.50 , have a movie night at home! :)

Ugh!! 100$ is the price for some WC chameleon, and sometimes less!! :eek: ...Should we go to the movie theater, or buy a WC quadricornis?? :D

Wow! I refuse to pay more than $7-$8 at the movies. I would never step foot in a theater over there.

I still want to take my 3 year old son to watch it. :) I agree, most children have seen worse (unfortunately) and will get worse. I don't know about paying that much though, lol! Still need to think about it or as others have said, I might just wait for it to come out DVD. It is almost my birthday, hmmm...;)

Glad I didnt waste my money then.

But I still see kids wanting chameleons as pets. Because they will walk into the petstores and see the chameleons and say "Mommy, Its Rango". Dori in the movie "Nemo" stayed in the ocean. But when the kids see them for sale in the petstores they are going to want them. It will be a never ending cycle no matter what the animal is doing or living in, in the movies. If the stores sell them they will be bought up because of movies.

Back
Top Bottom