raising supers

BocaJan

I am trying out raising supers and low and behold I have 4 beetles. I also have a crysalis ready to hatch and some worms trying to make crysalis's. Anyway, my question is - anyone got a source for the salsa cups that work out so well to put them in? I don't go to any restaurants that use them and would like to have about 2 dozen. I currently am keeping the worms in the 3 oz plastic bathroom cups in a drawer.

Thanks!

Or, if you want to wait - toss a bunch of superworms in a bin of peatmoss and dirt, wiht some wood or cardboard. Add some food here and there. In a few months (took about 6-9 months for me), massive beetles appeared, and still in the dirt were full-sized superworms.

Most people, I do not believe, have seen how big they can actually get. Huge.

If separated, and removed from food (including each other), they will pupate.

If allowed to feed, and congregate, they'll eventually isolate themselves and pupate, often at a much larger size. Kinda cool, too.

I use the small 3 drawer plastic bins from walmart. Put the beetles in one drawer and worms in the other. Toilet paper or napkin rolls in with the beetles with oats or gutload for bedding. Next to roaches they're extremely easy to maintain and breed

What a great idea! I am not looking to raise thousands....just enough to feed one a day with crickets to my 4 chams. Reptile store sells them for .10 each - that is excessive I think, but they don't carry any other worm.

Back
Top Bottom