Raise the deflector shields !!!

roo_71

I noticed my adult male veiled (almost 3) sleeping with both of his eyes totally bulged out - I mean way, way out there. He kind of reminded me of Admiral Ackbar from star wars ...

aa.jpg

It startled the hell out of me so I woke him up to take a better look. His eyes retracted back in and I havent noticed anything odd with his behavior lately. Everything is completely normal except for the occassional eye bulging at night.

He doesnt do it every night and when he does, its usually not the entire night from what I see. I will try and get some pics next time I see it. Anyone ever notice this with any of their chams?

-roo

Howdy Roo.

Totally normal. Im sure you allready know its part of the cleaning/lubricating process they do with their eyes. Mine has done the SAME thing (a few times)and i flipped out as well. I believe a good misting is kinda what they are requesting as it aids that whole process.

Thanks for the response. Maybe you are misunderstanding me. He is doing this when he is completely asleep. I’ve had him since he was 2 months old and he is almost 3 and I’ve never once seen him do this until last week. So IMO, it isn’t exactly normal - for him at least.

-roo

Hey Roo,

I have an approximately 9 mo old nosy be male who does this as well. I have only had him a bit over a month, and he came in pretty battered from a bad shipping. His eyes were the size of small grapes.. literally. It took a week or two for them to really be back to normal, but at night, he does the eye bulge thing. In all other respects, he seems normal. I had assumed that it was part of his healing process from the injury.. but maybe it is just something that some chameleons do, kind of like snoring in people.

Heika

my male veiled who is about 17 months old does the same thng all night his eyes bulge out 2x what they normally are, he also gets very thin at night he seems to inhale and hold it? i don't know but he is healthy and normal. he does it every nite.
drew

Thanks for the response. Maybe you are misunderstanding me. He is doing this when he is completely asleep. I’ve had him since he was 2 months old and he is almost 3 and I’ve never once seen him do this until last week. So IMO, it isn’t exactly normal - for him at least.

-roo

Gotcha, i apologize if i misread your post. The three or four times i have observed my cham with the exact same situation you described is when i first walk into her room and turn on her basking light - I.E. waking her up... just for whatever that is worth to ya.

This is pretty interesting. I have been trolling the cham forums three years straight and never herd of this type of behavior.

I am really going to try and get a pic (he isn’t doing it tonight) and would love to see some other pics of this. Maybe its normal … I hope.

-roo

lol roo

i had a male veild that did this too hahaha when he was given to me by trace i thought puff was a freek of nature lol. excilent reference btw

ill search old photos for a pic

this is not a sleeping pic when his eyes would normally pop out lol, but its very similar to this

Attachments

• DSC00956.jpg
    DSC00956.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 134
Back
Top Bottom