Rainy bone being eat

Rainy

Took rainy to Knoxville vet ok liver enzymes are better enlarged but ultra sound showed smooth during all this his back started looking burned not burned swab shows not the bad kind of fungus so X-ray shows his back bone where the black stuff is on his back is being eaten or deteriorating help we done know what is up awaiting now to hear from liver biopsy next week he will have a biopsy of the stuff on his back they didn't want to sedate him till liver was checked help anybody heard of this his muscle enzymes high any info would be appreciated thank you folks I am so worried feeding him crickets a couple a day with water and a bite or two of kale with carnivor care and water

Thanks again

The X-rays show the top of the bones are reducing getting smaller or going away for some reason she showed me on X-ray the thickness is less feels like the muscle enzymes are up because of the possible fungus on his back that is internal

That did not give enough information and the information that was given was too hard to pick out amount the jumble of stuff.

If it's a fungus it may be, because of a bone eating disease. However is tour vet sure there is no vitamin problems at all?

Ok vitamin levels good liver enlarged a black fungus stuff that looks like a burn on his back CKP muscle enzymes high and X-ray of the back showing bone degenerating the bone is right under the burn or fungus e rep vet said it look like the fungus was eating it.mbd ruled out

Just because his back is soar to the touch doesn't mean it isn't a burn. Bad burns can cause soarness. You said the culture of the spot came back negative? If it was a fungus, especially a necrotic or degenerative fungus I would expect it would definitely come back with readings in the culture. Does your vet specialize in chameleons?

I honestly don't think high muscle enzymes would cause bone degeneration at all, that could be caused by the enlarged liver in my opinion. Why is the liver enlarged? What temps are your basking lights?

Yes the vet is a reptile vet closes one we have 1 1/2 away we did a swab of the back for yellow fungus it was neg next Thur we are taking a biopsy and sedating him light his temp runs or did 86-92 with a bottom cage temp of 67-72 I do not know why his liver is large our vet reptile in town put him on two different antibiotics over a six weeks after the second one his back started turning brown I choose to take him out of town to one with equipment and some experience we took a biopsy of liver and sent it off no work yet all kinds of blood work liver enzymes ok

I would definitely lower his temps, he may be consistently burning himself honestly. Though males are supposedly fine going up into the low 90s I never go above 88 with any male chameleon that I have kept, this includes adult male panthers and veileds. From what I experience they do fine at 85 at their highest basking temps, and they are far less likely to burn themselves, they usually just tend to bask for a bit longer. I am not saying your vet is wrong by any means and definitely do the biopsy, just see if lowering the temps helps at all and stops the spread. I would definitely keep the biopsy even if the black spot does seem to get better with the lower temps. There could be something else going on to.

Yes I agree and I will but they did check it for burns and it is not a burn thank you y'all I am open to any info on fungus that u have or ideals

1390968916.jpg

Chrysosporium anamorph of Nannizziopsis vriesii or CANV is more commonly known as Yellow Fungus. It is found in soil and is a cleaner fungus decomposing detritus, both animal and plant material. When it infects a live host it is an aggressive and fatal flesh eating fungal infection which is Necrotizing Mycotic Dermatitis. In studies, it has infected not only areas of open injured tissue but has been shown to infect intact healthy tissue as well. Clinically the incidents of yellow fungus is on the rise. It has been isolated in some species of snakes, chameleons, leopard geckos, bearded dragons and crocodiles.
Yellow fungus is a Fatal disease. After it was identified it was believed to be treatable with oral and topical anti-fungals. Poor anti-fungal management of the infection have shown any benefit to be very short term with no remission. There is no cure. There are products that make false claims to completely cure yellow fungus but this is not true.
When misdiagnosed and without biopsy a vet would order antibiotic believing it to be a bacterial infection . In some studies the antibiotics are shown to have contributed to making the fungal infection worse. Considering the extreme pain they must feel as this disease progresses euthanasia should be a consideration
As long its not the yellow fungus,it will be a considering very lucky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom