Rainbow Jackson chameleon

I over the light so it’s not direct thanks for that tip and I have noticed her drinking when I place a cup dripping so I will do that also what calcium do you suggest that I can pick up at the pet store? The uvb bulb is more visible in this photo and lamp placement. I plan on getting some roaches in her diet as well, I leave the heat ceramic lamp on as a safety measure because at night I like to turn on the AC unit and it gets really cold at night without me knowing and by the time I wake up the apartment is freezing before u turn it off. I was thinking about getting another uvb bulb in one on the daylight lamps that already are up? Ever since I got the basking lamp she’s been more active… I can tell when she’s stressed out I believe because she turns a darker color and most likely wants something such as water or food and before heat then she turns back into a lighter colors. And is their a online website I can send in teh fecal testing because I don’t live in a big city that offers reptile vet services?

That seems like a lot of heat idk Jackson’s are pretty cold tolerant with 55-65 being a good nighttime temp some people go as low as 40s and they do fine anything above 85 can be pretty deadly for them especially after a long time you don’t really need nighttime heat unless you get below 50 as well as this type of uvb the coil bulb you gave doesn’t do any good as it only gets uvb about 3 inches below the bulb and with screen and that tall of a cage your cham probably won’t get any uvi. I’m calcium I use repashy NO d3( I think it’s a monitor on the picture)every feeding and only use repashy calcium plus LOD(picture of a Jackson’s cham) once a month but you can just use zoomed NO d3 as for the other supplements I haven’t tried anything else but supplementation varies depending on uvb and gutloading. Most people actually have to blast ac at night to get good temps for Jackson’s

Attachments

• 7AE1FFE6-2524-433B-A9DC-E195397C5BF9.png
    7AE1FFE6-2524-433B-A9DC-E195397C5BF9.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 84
The zoomed brand uvb is easier to get than Arcadia I moved to Arcadia 6% uvb and some PetSmart have it in stock and imo it’s better as it provides slightly more visible light and on average lasts longer

The zoomed brand uvb is easier to get than Arcadia I moved to Arcadia 6% uvb and some PetSmart have it in stock and imo it’s better as it provides slightly more visible light and on average lasts longer
Okay I’ll get this uvb bulb if theirs a smaller option is that fine or has to be a strip because my setup barley has room on top to place anything? I placed the lamp pointing further away hottest point is 85 degrees now. I’ll also shut off the extra heater and let him be in the cold since I didn’t know they actually prefer that. Any tips on how to keep crickets alive longer and not die and start smelling horrible?

Okay I’ll get this uvb bulb if theirs a smaller option is that fine or has to be a strip because my setup barley has room on top to place anything? I placed the lamp pointing further away hottest point is 85 degrees now. I’ll also shut off the extra heater and let him be in the cold since I didn’t know they actually prefer that. Any tips on how to keep crickets alive longer and not die and start smelling horrible?
I mean Arcadia I think those uvb fixtures only take like 2 inches or so of height but they are quite necessary especially for larger cages. I personally just buy within the thousands and pray they live as I don’t feel like taking care of them besides the weekly cleaning and frequent gutloading

I believe banded crickets are hardier than brown crickets they sell at chain pet stores but I’m no invertebrate expert

My outdoor Jackson's get down to 45 F overnight in the winter here and do fine. My indoor get down to 60 F in the winters and thrive on it. I doubt your house gets that cold with AC. If near actual freezing temperatures are a risk that would be the only time you need heat at night. They really do need the temperature drop to power down their metabolism and sleep deeply at night.

A thin linear fixture and UVB bulb on the actual top of your enclosure is the way to go.

That seems like a lot of heat idk Jackson’s are pretty cold tolerant with 55-65 being a good nighttime temp some people go as low as 40s and they do fine anything above 85 can be pretty deadly for them especially after a long time you don’t really need nighttime heat unless you get below 50 as well as this type of uvb the coil bulb you gave doesn’t do any good as it only gets uvb about 3 inches below the bulb and with screen and that tall of a cage your cham probably won’t get any uvi. I’m calcium I use repashy NO d3( I think it’s a monitor on the picture)every feeding and only use repashy calcium plus LOD(picture of a Jackson’s cham) once a month but you can just use zoomed NO d3 as for the other supplements I haven’t tried anything else but supplementation varies depending on uvb and gutloading. Most people actually have to blast ac at night to get good temps for Jackson’s
I found the light you have in the photo but it’s a t8?

My outdoor Jackson's get down to 45 F overnight in the winter here and do fine. My indoor get down to 60 F in the winters and thrive on it. I doubt your house gets that cold with AC. If near actual freezing temperatures are a risk that would be the only time you need heat at night. They really do need the temperature drop to power down their metabolism and sleep deeply at night.

A thin linear fixture and UVB bulb on the actual top of your enclosure is the way to go.
Would a t8 work?

They work usually only for shorter cages for a taller cage they don’t penetrate nearly as much as the Uv quickly dicipates
I bought the t8 it was the only one they had it’s on top of the cage she usually sits up on the top branches since it’s the highest point right under the light strip?

T5 will give you the most bang for your buck.
I only found the t8 light strip. I left the other uvb lamp on also hopefully they can work together? She says on the top branches and rarely comes down to the Bottom of the cage only to explore… other than that she likes to stay high up I’ve noticed.

T8 is better than nothing. You will want to get her outdoors every couple weeks weather permitting to make up the difference. You have time to return it and get T5. They can go a couple weeks on poor UVB without long term damage.

T8 is better than nothing. You will want to get her outdoors every couple weeks weather permitting to make up the difference. You have time to return it and get T5. They can go a couple weeks on poor UVB without long term damage.
I found a t5 thankfully now all I think I need to worry about is upgrading her plants to real thank you for the tips

This is our 6 month old male. His colors weren't s nice as his brother. But he came right out to us so he came home. I thinks it's a female. If it is I am sooo jealous of u right now, she is beyond beautiful. We have been searching for a girl with stunning pattern like hers. None we have found have had good coloration. Definitely agree with the post up above about treating for parasites.

Attachments

• 20220417_073713.jpg
    20220417_073713.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220417_072749.jpg
    20220417_072749.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220417_072754.jpg
    20220417_072754.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 74
This is our 6 month old male. His colors weren't s nice as his brother. But he came right out to us so he came home. I thinks it's a female. If it is I am sooo jealous of u right now, she is beyond beautiful. We have been searching for a girl with stunning pattern like hers. None we have found have had good coloration. Definitely agree with the post up above about treating for parasites.
Thank you and I love yours also! Thanks for sharing those pics hopefully we can update our progress since we have the same type!

Back
Top Bottom