Rain dome

scout83

Just wondering how the rain dome works because I have a custom cage with aluminum screen and I'm worried the holes are to small for the water to get through

Should I keep using my mistking or get a rain dome this is just to keep humidity more where it should be

It's a small plastic hood, with two misting nozzels, it sprays mist and droplets. I have one on each of my screen cage tops and they work great for my guys.

ETA:
I don't think it would make a difference in the actual amount of humidity, it would just be changing the way the water is delivered. I think you should move your hygrometer a little lower than the top of the cage for a better idea of what your humidity is. It's always going to be lower closer to the basking lights.

I just don't want water to sit on top because I use to have reptibreeze cage and the screen I used for my new one seems to be smaller holes

I believe the rain dome is available as an add on type of equipment. You could have both. The mist king pump should be able to power both the nozzles and the rain dome. I considered getting both (and actually have neither:)), but I decided that when I do upgrade I am probably going to get an aquazamp misting system only because the pump can power more nozzles than the mist king. I am not sure of the advantage of the rain dome as it would only supply water when the pump is on and I have a big dripper so there is water available at all times. I actually have tubing with several small holes in it coming off the dripper that lays in a circle on the top of the cage so the area covered by the dripping water is about 8 inches in diameter.

There is a rain attachment that you can get from MistKing or you can use a raindome with a Mist King- you can also use a spray with either in addition to the dome-
I live in NJ so I don't have as much of a problem with humidity - I know that people in Arizona and Colorado have more problems- the idea though is to have humidity peaks - not keep a constant - and not to go too low-
When I had a baby Jackson that required higher humidity I got a cool mist humidifier and ran it 24/7 - (don't use a warm water they grow bacteria and they need to be cleaned daily in any case) - My moonsoon mister had problems and my cage didn't dry out enough and she had some problems - until I got the aquazamp.
I'm not sure what kind of Chameleon you have ? And what your humidity readings are - and never having a problem with humidity except too much for too long I don't want to give numbers - what are your lowest readings and what are they after you spray ? It may be just a case that you need to spray/mist more often - or less often even as not allowing the plants and such to dry can cause other problems (URI s)

So the mistking is good enough and how long do I set it and how many times should I have it spray a day

What kind of cham do you have?

Montanes drink from water falling on their head and into their mouth, panthers and veileds use their tongues to lick water off leaves and branches, but will also flick their tongues at running water.

A rain dome would benifit a jacksons more since they actually get themselves IN the rain.
But for panthers and veileds, I just use a dripper.
I do have them on a Mistking, but have yet to actually see them drink from it.
I have seen them drink from the dripper though.

Back
Top Bottom