Rain dome ran all night

Juliaf3

Established Member
So.... I set up my rain dome yesterday.....I initially had four settings. Then decided to go with three and see where the humidity readings would be through out the day. Well this timer is military time :eek: but midnight is 0:00 I thought that meant no time. So my timer came on at midnight and ran all night :( I think- I'm not sure what happened. But my reservoir is empty and I filled it before I went to bed last night. Their cages were dry this morning when the lights clicked on. I'm soooo confused

I did the same thing when I first set mine up. I should've said something to you yesterday, I though about it, and then thought I was being a silly worry wart. Sorry. :( When you want to erase a setting, I think you hit the hand button and it should be all dashes again, it's been a while, so double check that I'm correct. You will probably have to prime your pump to get it running. You do this by disconnecting your raindome ( DON"T forget to push down on the collet to unlock it as you're pulling on the tube, or it will break) and running the pump until water comes out the tube, then shut it off, and reconnect your dome. The pump will be fine, they can run dry without burning up.

I'm having all sorts of issues this morning. It's not coming on when it's suppose to. I took the timer off and just plugged it straight into a wall outlet and the pump is moving but no water is coming out !

You were right about the hand erasing the setting....as well as priming the pump..... Thank you so much!

To have it come on on the set times, it needs to be on auto on or auto off?

Last edited:
That just means there is air in the lines, turn the pump off and disconnect the output line from the pump and reconnect it. That should fix your problem.

It's running smoothly now. Thank goodness! Poor chams were probably so confused when it was raining all night. I'm sure it happens in the wild occasionally. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again lol

Good! :) I'm glad you got it all figured out, the military time threw me off, too. It really is an awesome system, I think you (and your chameleons) are going to be very happy with it. I love it when I catch one of my panthers hurrying to get under their dome. They really like their showers.

Mine are already doing that! My jackson always enjoyed getting misted. My panther would run and hide. I was using a pump mister- he definitely does not run and hide with the rain dome! I really appreciate you helping me out this morning- if ever I post something- don't let that feeling of being a worry wart stop you from replying! I'm open to any and all input :)

I use the Aquazamp Low Profile (like how it looks better than the tall one) Raindome, and have been very happy with them. I have one set up on a Mistking system, and one set up with the Aquazamp system.

I bought them here:http://www.aquazamp.com/

Back
Top Bottom