Raging snow storm! My Jackson’s is reacting!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Eustis, my 2 yr old Jackson’s is reacting to the barometric pressure and whatever else he is sensing during this snow storm. He’s a mottled light green and dark forest green and is hiding under leaves. These are his stress colors. I haven’t seen him look like this in a while. His temps and humidity are fine. I did give him his first super worm today. I put it in his cup among other worms and they are all gone now so I assume he ate it. I just got the small super worms so theres less of a chance of them biting him.

Probably not relevant then. Sub adults can be moody. There are indications that some species react to barometric drops. You will know more when the storm passes. Stay warm and safe.
Thank you! He seems to react every November when it really gets cold outside, he will stay in one place in his enclosure and won’t move around much and his coloring is just a darker green than usual but not mottled. I took him to the chameleon vet and he told me that he thinks that the start of cold temps here kind of mimics weather where Eustis is from that maybe he would naturally react like this. I also listened to a podcast recently where Bill Strand had a guest that talked a little about possible brumation in chameleons. It was interesting because that’s how Eustis reacts when it gets cold. Now his coloring today is different because of the mottling of greens but I think he’s just reacting to the storm which will end tonight.

Rex is brumating right now but he is kept outdoors so I can't compare his behavior. When it rains he feels it. He eats but far less than usual. I don't have any xanths indoors but my jack jack male is extremely active as he's just become mature. He changes color frequently and is everywhere all the time. He barely stops roaming to eat but the amount is normal.

Back
Top Bottom