Rackable Cages

cyberlocc

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey guys I am looking for cages that are made to fit on bakers racks, (22 inches wide instead of 24) dragonstrand use to sell them, it seems no more. Anyone know of someone else? I want to look into modifying lighter cages that I can rack.

Note to the general populace: Dragon Strand is redesigning the entire product line and the rack compatible cages will be releasing in a couple months.

Did not see that, good to know. Breeder series coming back then? With the PVC walls? Or some variant?

My wooden and glass cages are taking a toll on me moving them, I need something light.

Also smaller sizes? You got me getting my first pair of Leaf Tails soon, so I am going to need a rack of cages for them too!

Did not see that, good to know. Breeder series coming back then? With the PVC walls? Or some variant?

My wooden and glass cages are taking a toll on me moving them, I need something light.

Also smaller sizes? You got me getting my first pair of Leaf Tails soon, so I am going to need a rack of cages for them too!
I am actually working through the designs now. Generally speaking, they will have the three PVC sides and will sit on drainage trays that fit the standard 18" baker's racks. It is amazing how just changing basic materials and hardware makes everything need to be redesigned! The intention is to have the compact cages (four per shelf 24" tall), the Medium Wide (Two per shelf 30" tall), and a large which is TBD. They are expected to be released in the month of April once we hammer out the details. The nursery cages are being debated right now. I am having trouble making the numbers work. The labor for making four small cages is not much different than making four large cages. But it may be difficult for me to communicate that. We humans like to judge value by size and weight. So those may be build-to-order if anyone wants them. I haven't made the final decision on that. The construction of the Breeder series will be identical to the hybrid cages I am making. The difference is that they are rack compatible to be able to make a breeding room with convenient rolling racks. The image below shows the Tall Hybrid that has the three PVC walls. The main difference is that the breeder style will fit int he rack without overhang like this one has.

Tall Hybrid.jpg

Back
Top Bottom